New Jersey Devils 2 at Carolina Hurricanes 3Team Notes
• The Devils are 5-3-1=11pts over their last nine games and are now 36-32-8=80pts on the season.
• New Jersey finished 2-3-0=4pts in its season series vs. Carolina.
• The Devils are 4-4-0=8pts over their last eight road games and are 19-17-3=41pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey played its final game vs. the Metropolitan Division tonight. The Devils finished 11-16-3=25pts vs. the Metro overall and 5-10-0=10pts on the road.
• The Devils outshot the Hurricanes, 25-23.
Scott Wedgewood (20 saves) made his fourth consecutive start and fell to 2-1-1.
Bobby Farnham scored his eighth goal of the season/first since Jan. 12 at St. Louis (22 games), an unassisted tally at 6:27 of the second period. His fight vs. Brad Malone was his fifth of the season, first since Dec. 30; Devils' 21st, first since March 4.
Travis Zajac scored his 13th goal of the season just 0:50 after Farnham's marker. Zajac has 1g-4a-5pts over the last six games and has reached the 40-pt. mark (13g-27a) for the sixth time in his NHL career.
Blake Pietila recorded the first point of his NHL career with the primary assist on Zajac's goal.
Kyle Palmieri also assisted on Zajac's goal and has 4g-4a-8pts over the last six games & 6g-7a-13pts over the past 12 contests.
Tuomo Ruutu led the Devils with a season-high (tie) five hits.
Mike Sislo, Pietila, Sergey Kalinin and Vojtech Mozik each registered four hits in the contest.
Joseph Blandisi led New Jersey with three takeaways.