New Jersey Devils 7 vs. Minnesota Wild 4
Five Devils post multi-point games.
Three Stars: 1. Devante Smith-Pelly 2. Mike Sislo 3. Tyler KennedyTeam Notes
• New Jersey has won three of its last four games and improved to 34-30-7=75pts overall.
• The Devils snapped a three-game losing streak at Prudential Center and are now 16-15-4=36pts at The Rock overall.
• New Jersey swept the season series vs. Minnesota, 2-0-0=4pts.
• The Devils have won each of their last three home games vs. the Wild (last loss, Jan. 4, 2011, 2-1).
• New Jersey's seven goals were a season-high (previously, 6, Jan. 21 vs. Ottawa) and its most since Jan. 21, 2014 vs. St. Louis.
• The Devils' two goals in the opening 1:34 (Devante Smith-Pelly & Mike Sislo) were their fastest pair to start a game since Mar. 2, 1998 vs. Philadelphia (1:13, Brian Rolston & Randy McKay). -credit Elias Sports Bureau
• Tonight marked the Devils' final game vs. the Western Conference this season. New Jersey finished 16-11-1=33pts vs. the West, including 8-5-1=17pts at home.
• Minnesota outshot New Jersey, 32-25.
Keith Kinkaid (28 saves) made his fifth consecutive start and improved to 8-7-1 on the season.
Devante Smith-Pelly recorded 2g-1a-3pts for the second multi-goal game (also, Nov. 25 at NY Rangers)/first 3pt. game of his NHL career. He now has points in a career-high (tie, Dec. 18-28, 2014, 0g-4a-4pts) four consecutive games (4g-2a-6pts). Smith-Pelly has 6g-3a-9pts in seven games with the Devils and has 7g-3a-10pts over his last eight contests. He has 12g-9a-21pts overall, which is a new career-high (previously, 6g-14a-20pts, 2014-15).
Mike Sislo scored the first two goals of his NHL career tonight. He has 2g-1a-3pts in eight games with the Devils this season.
Adam Henrique also scored 2g tonight and, with 25g overall, has tied his career-high (also, 2013-14). He has 44pts this season, which is the second-highest total of his NHL career (16g-35a-51pts, 2011-12). Henrique's first goal was the eventual game-winner; he leads the Devils with a career-high 7 GWG.
Reid Boucher scored his sixth goal of 2015-16, has 1g-2a-3pts over the past five games and 6g-7a-13pts in 29 appearances overall.
Tyler Kennedy registered 3a for his first 3pt. game since Nov. 25, 2011 vs. Ottawa (1g-2a). He has points in three straight games (1g-4a-5pts) for the first time since Jan. 14-18, 2014 (1g-2a-3pts). Kennedy has 3g-5a-8pts over the last 14 games; he had 0g-6a-6pts over his first 30 appearances with the Devils.
Joseph Blandisi posted 2a for his fourth multi-point game of the year. He has 3a over the last three contests and 5g-12a-17pts in 32 appearances overall.
Travis Zajac recorded the secondary assist on Smith-Pelly's first goal and has 3g-2a-5pts over the last seven games. He ranks fourth on the club with 12g-24a-36pts overall.
Kyle Palmieri collected the primary assist on Boucher's marker and has posted 2g-4a-6pts over the last seven contests. He leads the Devils with a career-high 25g-21a-46pts this season.
Jon Merrill picked up the secondary assist on Boucher's tally and has 2a over his last four appearances.
Damon Severson was credited with the secondary assist on Sislo's second goal. He has 4a over his last seven appearances and leads Devils' defensemen with 16a overall.
Andy Greene skated in his 300th consecutive game, dating back to Mar. 6, 2012, the sixth-longest games-played stretch in Devils’ history. Jay Pandolfo is next on the list, having appeared in 307 consecutive games from Jan. 22, 2003-Nov. 28, 2007.