New Jersey Devils 2 at Los Angeles Kings 1 (OT)
John Moore scores his third OT goal of the season.
Three Stars: 1. John Moore 2. Jonathan Quick 3. Adam LarssonTeam Notes
• New Jersey is now 9-1 in games decided in overtime this season.
• The Devils swept their season series vs. the Kings (2-0-0=4pts) and have now won four straight at Staples Center (last loss, Oct. 30, 2010).
• New Jersey improved to 33-29-7=73pts and has surpassed its win total from all of last season (32-36-14=78pts).
• The Devils are 4-3-0=8pts over their last seven road games and are 18-14-3=39pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 15-10-1=31pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 8-5-0=16pts on the road.
• The Devils' penalty-kill unit was 5/5 tonight and is 8/8 over the last two games.
• New Jersey outshot Los Angeles, 24-23.
Keith Kinkaid (22 saves) earned the win in goal and improved to 7-6-1 on the season.
John Moore scored the winning goal with just 0:16 remaining in overtime. It was Moore’s third overtime goal of the season/of his NHL career (Jan. 2 vs Dallas & Nov. 28 at Montreal. Moore is just the second defenseman in franchise history to score three OT goals in a season, joining Scott Niedermayer (4, 2001-02).
Tyler Kennedy scored his third goal of the season 1:12 into the contest to give the Devils 1-0 lead. It was Kennedy's first goal since Feb. 23 vs. the New York Rangers (seven games).
Joseph Blandisi registered the only assist on Moore's goal, his first point since Feb. 23 vs. the New York Rangers (seven games).
Devante Smith-Pelly skated in the 200th game of his NHL career & recorded the lone assist on Kennedy's goal. He has 3g-2a-5pts in five games with the Devils and has 4g-2a-6pts over his last six contests overall.
Adam Larsson recorded two shots on goal, two hits and four blocked shots in 24:26 of action & was named the game's third star.