New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Carolina Hurricanes 3
Three Stars: 1. Joakim Nordstrom 2. Adam Henrique 3. Derek Ryan
• The Devils fell to 2-2-0=2pts in their season series vs. the Hurricanes.
• New Jersey is 1-6-0=2pts in its last seven games and fell to 30-27-7=67pts overall.
• The Devils are 6-4-1=13pts over their last 11games at Prudential Center and 15-14-4=34pts at The Rock overall.
• New Jersey is 9-13-2=20pts vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 5-5-2=12pts at home.
• The Devils are 17-9-1 vs. the Hurricanes since 2009-10, and are 12-4-1 vs. Carolina at Prudential Center all-time.
• The Devils’ penalty-kill unit was 1/2 tonight, is 24/27 (88.8%) over their last nine games at Prudential Center & 40/45 (88.8%) over the past 14 games overall.
• New Jersey outshot Carolina, 30-19.
Cory Schneider (16 saves + ENG) took the loss and fell to 26-22-6 on the season.
Adam Henrique scored his 20th goal of the season at 10:54 of the first period. He’s reached the 20-goal mark for the second time in his NHL career (25, 2013-14). Henrique has 8g-1a-9pts in his last 11 games vs. the Hurricanes.
Tyler Kennedy collected the primary assist on Henrique’s goal, has 2g-2a-4pts over the last ten games & has 2g-7a-9pts overall.
Andy Greene was credited with the secondary assist on Henrique’s goal. With 148a in his NHL career, he’s passed Joe Cirella (147a) for fifth among Devils’ defensemen all-time. Brian Rafalski (267a) ranks fourth. Greene has 2a over the last four contests & 4g-8a-12pts overall.
Jordin Tootoo led the Devils & tied his season-high with five shots on goal (also, Oct. 24 vs. Buffalo).
Stephen Gionta and Sergey Kalinin were tied for the team-lead with three hits each tonight.
Jacob Josefson returned to the lineup after missing Friday’s game due to illness. He recorded one shot on goal, had three takeaways and was 7/18 (38.8%) on face-offs in 14:48 of action.
Adam Larsson led New Jersey with 20:56 of TOI; Kyle Palmieri was tops among Devils’ forwards with 20:46 of action.