New Jersey Devils 2 at Toronto Maple Leafs 3 (SO)Three Stars:
1. Tyler Bozak 2. P.A. Parenteau 3. David Schlemko
• The Devils fell to 2-5 in the shootout.
• Despite the loss, New Jersey has points in six of its last seven games (5-1-1=11pts). The club has allowed just 12 goals-against during that seven-game stretch.
• The Devils are 2-1-1=5pts over their last four road games and are 14-10-3=31pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 9-4-4=22pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 6-1-3=15pts on the road.
• The Devils fell to 0-0-2=2pts in the season series vs. Toronto. They have earned a point in each of their last eight games vs. the Maple Leafs (4-0-4=12pts) and are 3-2-4=10pts in their last nine visits to Air Canada Centre.
• The Devils were 1/6 on the power play tonight and are 6/16 (37.5%) over the past fivr games.
• New Jersey was 4/4 on the penalty kill and is 8/8 over the past two games.
• The Maple Leafs outshot the Devils 39-34.
Keith Kinkaid made a season-high 37 saves (+2/3 SO) in his first start since Jan. 12 at St. Louis but fell to 3-5-1 on the season.
Jacob Josefson scored a power play goal 4:16 into the game to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. It was the second PPG of Josefson’s career/in the last four games & his third of the season overall.
David Schlemko recorded 1g-1a-2pts for his second multiple-point game of the season (also, Jan. 21 vs. Ottawa, 2a). With 6g-9a-15pts overall, Schlemko has established a new career-high (4g-10a-14pts, 2010-11). He has points in back-to-back games (1g-2a-3pts) and has 2g-4a-6pts over the past five contests. Schlemko led the Devils with a career-high (tie, Dec. 6, 2013 & Oct. 24, 2013) five shots on goal.
Eric Gelinas collected the primary assist on Schlemko’s goal, has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the first time since Oct. 24-25, 2014 (1g-1a-2pts) and has 3a over the last four contests.
Joseph Blandisi also assisted on Schlemko’s goal. He now has points in two straight (1g-1a-2pts) & has 2g-6a-8pts over the last nine games.
Travis Zajac assisted on Josefson’s goal, snapping a three-game scoring drought. Zajac has 4g-5a-9pts on the power play and 7g-17a-24pts overall
John Moore was activated from Injured Reserve and returned to the lineup after missing the previous three games due to a lower body injury. He tied his season-high with four shots on goal & blocked four shots in 20:51 of action.
Andy Greene led New Jersey with six blocked shots tonight.