New Jersey Devils 2 at Philadelphia Flyers 1 (OT)
Adam Henrique scores in overtime.
Three Stars: Adam Henrique Shayne Gostisbehere Cory SchneiderTeam Notes
• The Devils are 7-1 in games decided in overtime this season.
• New Jersey improved to 2-0-1=5pts in its season series vs. Philadelphia & to 11-2-3=25pts vs. the Flyers since the start of the 2012-13 season.
• The Devils are 3-2-1=7pts over their last six road games and are 15-11-3=33pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 7-2-2=16pts over its last 11 games and has allowed just 18 goals-against during that stretch.
• The Devils are 8-8-2=18pts vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 4-6-0=8pts on the road.
• Today’s contest opened the club’s seventh of 12 sets of back-to-back games. The Devils are now 3-3-1 in first games and 3-1-2 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• The Devils were 2/2 on the power play today and are 11/25 (44%) over the last nine games.
• New Jersey was 3/4 on the penalty kill and is 22/23 (95.6%) over the past six games.
• The Flyers outshot the Devils 32-24, including 30-16 over the final two periods + overtime.
Cory Schneider (31 saves) earned the win in goal. He improved to 8-3-1 in his last 12 starts & to 25-16-6 overall. Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 32 of his last 40 starts since Oct. 29 and is 21-14-5, with four shutouts, a 1.91 goals-against average and a .934 save-percentage during that stretch.
Adam Henrique scored a power play goal 2:58 into overtime to extend his point-scoring streak to a season-high (tie) four straight games (3g-2a-5pts). It was the second OT goal of Henrique's career (also, Nov. 5, 2011 vs. Winnipeg). Henrique leads the Devils with a career-high five game-winning goals and has 1g-3a-4pts in OT. He has 10g-6a-16pts in 20 career games vs. the Flyers, his most vs. any opponent & has 6g-3a-9pts & is +9 over his last 11 games vs. Philadelphia.
Joseph Blandisi scored a power play goal 6:43 into the first period, his third PPG of the season/fourth overall. He has 3g-2a-5pts over the last six games & 4g-7a-11pts over the last 12 contests.
John Moore recorded the primary assist on Henrique's goal, his first helper since Dec. 8 at Toronto (20 games) and first point since Jan. 2 vs. Dallas (nine games). He has 2g-1a-3pts in OT this season & 3g-8a-11pts overall.
Kyle Palmieri also assisted on Henrique's game-winner to snap a seven-game point-less drought. He has 4g-4a-8pts in six career games vs. Philadelphia. Palmieri leads the Devils with 7g-8a-15pts on the power play.
Travis Zajac collected the primary assist on Blandisi's goal and now has 1g-3a-4pts over the past five games. Zajac has recorded 4g-7a-11pts on the power play & 8g-19a-27pts overall.
Jacob Josefson also assisted on Blandisi's goal and has 2g-2a-4pts over the last eight contests. Josefson now has 3g-8a-11pts on the season; 2g-6a-8pts have come on the power play.
Adam Larsson led the Devils with three blocked shots & a season-high 28:36 of TOI.