New Jersey Devils 2 at Toronto Maple Leafs 3 (SO)
Devils extend points streak to four games (2-0-2).Team Notes
• The Devils fell to 2-3 in the shootout this season.
• New Jersey has points in seven of its last nine games (4-2-3=11pts).
• The Devils have points in four straight on the road (3-0-1=7pts) and are 8-4-1=17pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is now 4-0-1=9pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 3-0-1=7pts at on the road.
• The Devils have points in four straight games (3-0-1=7pts) vs. the Maple Leafs dating back to Mar. 23, 2014.
• New Jersey is 3-2-3=8pts in its last eight visits to Toronto.
• The Devils were 2/5 power play tonight. It marked the third time this season they've scored 2 PPGs in a game (last time, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia). New Jersey's power-play unit is 15/48 (31.3%) on the road overall.
• Toronto outshot New Jersey, 38-27.
Cory Schneider made a season-high (tie, Nov. 22 at Vancouver) 36 saves (+3/5 SO) and fell to 12-7-4.
Lee Stempniak scored a power play goal 1:26 into the game, his seventh of season (2nd PPG), and extended his point-scoring streak to a season-high (tie) four games (2g-2a-4pts).
Kyle Palmieri scored his team-leading/career-high (tie, 2014-15) fifth power play goal (12th overall) of the season at 13:20 of the second period to tie the game 2-2. He has goals in a team season-high (tie) three straight games (3g) and has 5g over the last six contests.
John Moore recorded the primary assist on Stempniak's goal and now has 1g-5a-6pts over the last seven games. He had 1g-2a-3pts over his first 20 appearances this season. Moore is now tied (Damon Severson, 0g-9a-9pts) for the team scoring lead among defensemen with 2g-7a-9pts overall.
Patrik Elias also assisted on Stempniak's tally and has 1g-4a-5pts over the last seven games.
David Schlemko posted the primary assist on Palmieri's goal and has 1g-3a-4pts over his last seven appearances. With 2g-3a-5pts overall, Schlemko has already surpassed his point total from all of last season (2g-2a-4pts in 44 games).
Jacob Josefson also assisted on Palmieri's goal, his first helper since Oct. 29 at Philadelphia (17 games). He has 1g-1a-2pts over the last four games.
Adam Henrique (lower body) left the game in the second period and did not return.