New Jersey Devils 4 vs. Florida Panthers 2Team Notes
• New Jersey is 4-2-2=10pts over its last eight games.
• The Devils snapped a four-game winless streak (0-2-2=2pts) at home and improved 6-6-3=15pts at Prudential Center overall.
• Including the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, New Jersey has now won eight straight games vs. Florida at The Rock.
• The Devils are 7-2-1=15pts vs. the Panthers overall since the start of the 2012-13 season; they’ve outscored Florida 35-22 during that span.
• New Jersey has now scored three-or-more goals in four of its last five games.
• The Panthers outshot the Devils 36-18 overall and 29-9 over the final two periods.
Cory Schneider (34 saves) earned the win in goal and improved to 12-7-3 on the season. He's allowed two goals or less in 13 last 15 starts since Oct. 29 (8-5-2, 1 ShO, 1.98 GAA, .931 save %). Schneider is 2-1-2 with a 2.35 GAA & .914 save % in five head-to-head meetings with Roberto Luongo.
Schneider also stopped Jonathan Huberdeau's second period penalty shot attempt. He’s saved 3/3 penalty shots he’s faced this season (also, Radim Vrbata Nov. 22 at Vancouver & Patrick Marleau Oct. 16 vs. San Jose) and 11/13 in his career.
Lee Stempniak scored 0:26 into the game, his sixth goal of the season, and extended his point-scoring streak to three games (1g-2a-3pts). The goal was New Jersey's fastest to start a game this (previously, 2:51, John Moore vs. NY Islanders Oct. 31). It was also the team's fastest goal to start a period (previously, 0:43, Adam Larsson vs. Arizona on Oct. 20, OT).
Adam Henrique recorded 1g-2a-3pts for his second 3pt. game/seventh multiple-point game of the season. He has 4g-5a-9pts over the last eight contests and ranks second on the club with 13g-10a-23pts overall. Henrique's goal was his team-leading fourth game-winner.
Mike Cammalleri scored his 11th goal of the season & collected the 300th assist of his NHL career on Stempniak's tally for his ninth multiple-point game. He has points in three straight games (4g-3a-7pts) and currently ranks fifth in the NHL with 30pts overall.
Kyle Palmieri scored his 11th goal of the season. He has goals in back-to-back games (2g) and 4g over the last five.
Damon Severson registered 2a, his second multiple-point game of the season (also, 2a Nov. 6 vs. Chicago) , and snapped a nine game point drought. Severson leads New Jersey's defensemen with 0g-9a-9pts.
Adam Larsson posted the only assist on Henrique's goal and now has 1g-5a-6pts on the season.
Cammalleri, Henrique, Severson and John Moore were all +3 tonight.