New Jersey Devils 4 at Detroit Red Wings 3
Kyle Palmieri ties career-high with 14th goal of the season.Team Notes
• New Jersey snapped a three-game winless streak (0-2-1) and improved to 17-13-5=39pts heading into the Holiday Break.
• The Devils also snapped a three-game losing streak in Detroit (last win, Apr. 5, 2012, 2-1) and improved to 2-0-0 in the season series vs. the Red Wings.
• New Jersey has points in eight of its last 11 (5-3-3=13pts) and 11 of its last 16 games (7-5-4=18pts).
• The Devils are 4-1-2=10pts in their last seven road games and are 10-5-2=22pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 7-1-3=17pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 5-0-2=12pts on the road.
• The Devils scored three goals in a span of 2:12 of the first period. The club had scored just three goals in its three previous games combined.
• New Jersey's power play unit was 1/5 tonight; the Devils have scored at least one PPG in 21 of their 35 games this season.
• Detroit outshot New Jersey, 28-17.
Cory Schneider (25 saves) improved to 9-3-2 on the road/15-9-5 overall.
Kyle Palmieri scored his career-high (tie, 2014-15 & 2013-14) 14th goal of the season at 12:05 of the first period to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. It was his sixth power play goal of the year, which is a new career-best. Palmieri also added an assist for his sixth multiple-point game. He has 7g-4a-11pts over the last 13 games & 4g-5a-9pts in nine career games vs. Detroit.
Jordin Tootoo scored just 0:42 later, his third of the year/first since Nov. 17 at Calgary (17 games). He has 2g-2a-4pts and is a +5 in four games vs. his former club since joining the Devils.
David Schlemko gave the Devils a 3-0 lead at 14:17 of the first, his third goal of the season. He has 1g-1a-2pts over the past four games.
Sergey Kalinin netted his fifth goal (GW) of the year at 2:24 of the third period to put the Devils ahead 4-2. He has 3g over the last seven contests.
Andy Greene recorded his 143rd career assist and has passed Ken Daneyko for sole possession of sixth place among Devils’ defensemen all-time. Joe Cirella (147a) is fifth. With 177 career points, Greene is also just one point behind Daneyko for sixth in team history among d'men. He has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a-2pts) for the first time since Mar. 12-14 (1g-1a-2pts).
Jon Merrill collected the lone assist on Palmieri's goal, his first point of the season/since Apr. 3 vs. Montreal (27 games).
Jacob Josefson recorded the lone assist on Kalinin's tally, his first point since Dec. 8 at Toronto (six games).
Adam Larsson played a team-leading 24:51 tonight and registered a season-high seven hits. He leads the Devils with 76 hits overall.
Travis Zajac was 14/24 (58.3%) in the faceoff circle.
Patrik Elias (knee) did not play.