New Jersey Devils 3 at Montreal Canadiens 2 (OT)
• New Jersey captured three of four points (1-0-1) in its home-and-home set with Montreal.
• The Devils improved to 4-0 in games decided in overtime this season.
• New Jersey has won 12 of its last 19 games and earned a point in 14 of its last 20 contests (12-6-2=26pts).
• The Devils closed out their second of 12 sets of back-to-back games. They're now 0-1-1 in first games and 1-1-0 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• New Jersey improved to 7-4-0 on the road and 3-0-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
• The Devils' penalty kill unit was 1/2 tonight but is 48/53 (90.6%) over the past 15 games.Player Notes
Cory Schneider (30 saves) earned the win in goal and improved to 11-6-2 on the season. He's now allowed two goals or less in 11 of his last 12 starts since Oct. 29 (7-4-1, 1 ShO, 1.82 GAA, .937 save %).
John Moore scored the first overtime goal of his NHL career to give New Jersey the victory. It was the third game-winning goal of his career/first since Nov. 21, 2013 at Dallas.
Moore also collected the primary assist on Palmieri's goal, his second in as many nights, to record his first multiple-point game as a Devil. He now has 4a this season, all of which have come over the past eight games.
Kyle Palmieri scored his eighth goal of the season at 19:38 of the third period to force overtime. He has 2g-1a-3pts over his last five appearances.
Patrik Elias scored his first goal of the season at 11:01 of the third to cut Montreal's lead in half. Elias now has points in back-to-back games (1g-1a-2pts).
Adam Henrique assisted on the tying goal and OT winner to record his sixth multiple-point game of the season. Henrique has extended his point-scoring streak to a season-high four straight games (3g-2a-5pts) and has 5g-5a-10pts over the last 10 contests. He ranks second on the club with 11g-8a-19pts overall.
Adam Larsson was credited with the primary assist on Elias's goal, his fourth of the season/second over the last four games.
Travis Zajac registered the secondary assist on Elias's marker, his third helper in the past five contests. It was the 229th assist of Zajac's career, which moves him past Petr Sykora (228a) into sole possession of 12th place in Devils' history.