New Jersey Devils 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens 3 (SO)
• New Jersey has earned a point in 13 of its last 19 games (11-6-2=24pts).
• The Devils opened their second of 12 sets of back-to-back games. They're now 0-1-1 in first games and 0-1-0 in second games when playing on consecutive dates.
• New Jersey fell to 5-5-2 at home and to 2-0-1 vs. the Atlantic Division.
• The Devils fell to 2-2 in the shootout this season and to 63-58 all time.
• New Jersey was 1/4 on the power play. They've scored a PPG in 15 of 22 games this season, including six of their last seven contests.
• The Devils' penalty kill unit was 4/4 tonight and is 47/51 (92.1%) over the past 14 games.
• New Jersey won 37/62 (59.6%) of its faceoffs tonight.
• The Devils outhit the Canadiens, 34-13.
• New Jersey and Montreal each registered 27 shots on goal.
Cory Schneider (25 saves + 2/4 SO) took the loss in goal and fell to 10-6-2 on the season. Despite the loss, he's now allowed two goals or less in ten of his last 11 starts since Oct. 29 (6-4-1, 1 ShO, 1.81 GAA, .937 save %).
Lee Stempniak posted 1g-1a-2pts, including his first power-play goal of the season, and has 2g-4a-6pts over the last six contests. He also led New Jersey with a season-high seven shots on goal tonight. Stempniak ranks second on the Devils with 5g-13-18pts overall (Mike Cammalleri, 7g-16a-23pts).
Adam Henrique scored his team-leading 11th goal of the year and has goals in a team season-high three straight games (3g). Henrique has 5g-3a-8pts over the last nine contests.
Mike Cammalleri assisted on Stempniak's goal and has points in three consecutive games (1g-4a-5pts). With 16a overall, Cammalleri has surpassed his assist total from all of last season (15a in 68 games). He has 4g-8a-12pts over the last 10 contests.
Patrik Elias recorded his first point of the season with an assist on Stempniak's PPG.
John Moore recorded the primary assist on Henrique's goal, his third of the season/first since Nov. 14 vs. Pittsburgh (four games).
Tyler Kennedy made his Devils' debut after signing a one-year, two-way contract earlier in the day. He posted one shot on goal in 6:51 of action tonight.
Jacob Josefson scored New Jersey's only goal in the shootout and improved to 4/5 on the season & 9/15 (60.0%) in his career.
Andy Greene led the team with 25:08 of TOI and registered a season-high four shots on goal.
Jon Merrill and Bobby Farnham led the Devils with four hits each.