New Jersey Devils 1 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 2
Three Stars: 1. Matt Calvert 2. Adam Henrique 3. William Karlsson
• New Jersey fell to 5-5-1 at home and 4-4-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division.
• The Devils are now 3-4-2 vs. Columbus since the formation of the Metropolitan Division in 2013-14.
• New Jersey was 0/5 on the power play ending streak of five straight games with at least one power-play goal.
• The Devils' penalty kill unit was 2/2 tonight and is 43/47 (91.5%) over the past 13 games.
• New Jersey outshot Columbus 28-25 overall and 24-11 over the final two periods.
Cory Schneider (23 saves) took the loss in goal and fell to 10-6-1 on the season. Despite the loss, he's now allowed two goals or less in nine of his last ten starts since Oct. 29 (6-4-0, 1 ShO, 1.80 GAA, .938 save %).
Adam Henrique scored his team-leading 10th goal of the year. He now has goals in back-to-back-games (2g) and 4g-3a-7pts over the last eight contests.
Mike Cammalleri assisted on Henrique's goal and has points in back-to-back games (1g-3a-4pts). He has 4g-7a-11pts over the last nine contests and leads the Devils with 7g-15a-22pts overall. Cammalleri has matched his assist total from all of last season (15a in 68 games).
Patrik Elias, who was activated earlier in the day, made his season debut and recorded two shots on goal in 14:50 of action. He missed the first 20 games due to a right knee injury.
Travis Zajac led the club with a season-high five shots on goal.
Stefan Matteau led the Devils/tied a season-high with four hits tonight.
David Schlemko missed his second straight game (lower body).