• The Devils are now 16-3-2 vs. the Penguins at Prudential Center since 2008-09.
• New Jersey has now won 10 of its last 13 games and has points in 11 of its last 14 contests (10-3-1=21pts).
• The Devils improved to 5-4-1 at home.
• New Jersey is now 4-3-0 vs. the Metropolitan Division thus far, including 2-1-0 at home.
• New Jersey's penalty kill unit was 3/3 tonight and is 25/27 (92.6%) over the past nine games.
• The Devils were 1/4 on the power play; they've scored on the PP in 11 of their 17 games this season (13/59, 22.0 %).
• New Jersey outshot Pittsburgh, 37-21. The 37 shots on goal were a Devils season high (previously, 33, Oct. 29 at Philadelphia).
Cory Schneider (21 saves) recorded his first shutout of the season/18th of his NHL career. It was his first shutout since Mar. 21 vs. Pittsburgh (also 21 saves). Schneider improved to 9-4-1 on the season and has allowed two goals or less in each of his last seven starts.
The shutout was Schneider's ninth as a Devil, which moves him past Johan Hedberg (8 ShO) into sole possession of second place in team history.
Mike Cammalleri posted 1g-2a-3pts for his third 3pt. game of the season. Cammalleri scored his first power play goal of the season. He has 3g-3a-6pts over the last five games and leads the Devils with 6g-11a-17pts overall.
Lee Stempniak posted 1g-1a-2pts for his third multiple-point game in the last five contests (2g-4a-6pts). He was also a season-best +3 tonight.
David Schlemko scored his second goal of the season – and first career game-winning goal – and now has points in back-to-back games for the first time since Nov. 20-22, 2014 (1g-1a-2pts).
Bobby Farnham scored in his first game vs. Pittsburgh since being claimed off waivers by the Devils on Oct. 26. He has 2g-1a-3pts in 10 games with New Jersey.
Adam Henrique recorded 2a, his fifth multiple-point game of the season, and now has points in two straight (1g-2a-3pts) for the third time this season. Henrique was +3 and won 12/17 (70.6%) of his faceoffs tonight.
John Moore posted 1a and now has points in back-to-back games (2a) for the first time since Mar. 24-26 (1g-2a-3pts).
Jordin Tootoo recorded an assist on Cammalleri's goal, his first point since Oct. 22 at Ottawa (9 games).
Damon Severson also picked up an assist on Cammalleri's goal. He leads all Devils defensemen with 0g-7a-7pts on the year.
Stefan Matteau (illness) did not play tonight; Eric Gelinas was a healthy scratch.