New Jersey Devils 2 at Tampa Bay Lightning 3
• The Devils are now 0-1-1=1pt. on the season and 0-1-1 against the Atlantic Division.
• The Devils scored their first two goals in a span of 3:26 (Kyle Palmieri, 0:52 & Travis Zajac, 4:26; 1st). It is the fastest two goals for New Jersey since Apr. 9, 2015 when Palmieri and Patrik Elias scored in a span of 2:40 in the third period in a 5-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs.
• The Lightning tied the game with two goals (S. Stamkos, 7:53 & A. Killorn, 10:07) in a span of 2:14 in the second period. Valtteri Filppula scored Tampa Bay's third/game-winning goal at 5:43 of the third period to complete the comeback.
• New Jersey had a goal overturned by a Lightning Coach's Challenge at 15:33 of the second period. It was determined that Michael Cammalleri was offside prior to Andy Greene's goal.
• The Devils and Lightning had 34 shots each. New Jersey outshot Tampa Bay 12-9 in the third period.
• The Devils were 0-3 on the power play and are 0-5 with the man-advantage over the first two games of the season. New Jersey was 3-3 on the penalty-kill and are 6-6 playing shorthanded over the first two contests of the season.
New Jersey and Tampa Bay will face off again Oct. 29 at Prudential Center and Nov. 5 at Tampa Bay. The clubs will finish their season-series in a span of three-weeks.
• Beau Bennett made his Devils' debut. Bennett was a healthy scratch in the club's season-opener Oct. 13 at Fla. He logged two shots on goal in 9:27 of ice-time.
• Kyle Palmieri scored his first goal of the season on a deflection at 0:52 of the first period. John Moore notched his first assist of the season on Palmieri's goal.
• Travis Zajac scored his first goal of the season at 4:26 of the first period. It was the 142nd goal of his career (all with NJ). He ties Claude Lemieux and Jamie Langenbrunner for 13th all-time in Devils' history for goals.
• PA Parenteau assisted on Zajac's tally and now has points in his first two games as a Devil.
• Cory Schneider made his second consecutive start in goal and stopped 31 of 33 shots (.939 save %).
• Andy Greene led all Devils with 22:13 TOI.
• Taylor Hall, Parenteau and Yohann Auvitu each had four shots on goal.
• Hall led New Jersey with four hits.
• Vernon Fiddler was 9/12 (75%) in the faceoff circle tonight.