Postgame Notes: New Jersey Devils 1 at Florida Panthers 2 (OT)
Three Stars: 1. Aleksander Barkov 2. Roberto Luongo 3. Cory Schneider
• Seven Devils made their debut with New Jersey: Taylor Hall, P.A. Parenteau, Vernon Fiddler, Ben Lovejoy, Yohann Auvitu, Blake Speers, and Kyle Quincey.
• The Devils are now 9-6-3 all-time when opening the regular season on the road. New Jersey is 19-9-6 in season-openers and 15-15-4 in first road games.
• The Devils are now 0-0-1 on the season and 0-0-1 against the Atlantic Division.
• New Jersey was 0-2 on the power play and was 3-3 on the penalty kill.
• The Devils were outshot 33-24, including 21-15 over the final two periods.
• Blake Speers and Yohann Auvitu made their NHL debuts.
• P.A. Parenteau scored his first goal of the season and the Devils' lone goal in his first game with New Jersey at 19:31 of the opening period. Auvitu and Pavel Zacha each recorded assists on the even-strength marker.
• Auvitu's assist was the first point of his NHL career.
• Zacha now has three assists (3pts.) in two career NHL games.
• John Moore led the Devils with four penalty minutes.
• Kyle Quincey led New Jersey with four hits. He was activated off Injured Reserve earlier on Thursday.
• Ben Lovejoy had four blocked shots in his first game as a Devil.
• Travis Zajac was 9/15 (60.0%) in the faceoff circle in his 700th career NHL game.
• Cory Schneider started in net for New Jersey. He stopped 32 of 34 shots (.941 save %)