• New Jersey won its third straight and now has points in four consecutive games (3-0-1=7pts).
• The Devils have played in four consecutive overtime games for the first time since January 30-February 7, 2014 (2-0-2).
• New Jersey has won three consecutive games in OT/SO for the first time since March 28-April 2, 2008: March 28 vs. Philadelphia, Ws 3-2; April 1 at New York Islanders, Wo 2-1; April 2 vs. Boston, Ws 3-2.
• New Jersey improved to 62-57 in the shootout all-time (25-28 on the road).
• The Devils have points in six of their last seven games played in Ottawa (3-1-3=9pts) and are 7-3-4=18pts vs. the Senators since 2011-12. Each of the last three meetings at Canadian Tire Centre have gone to overtime/shootout (2-0-1).
• The Devils scored two power play goals for the first time this season (last time, January 14 at Los Angeles, 2/4). The team has scored with the man-advantage in five of its first seven games (6/25, 24.0%).
• New Jersey also allowed its third shorthanded goal of the season.
• The club's penalty-kill unit was 4/5 tonight and is 13/15 (86.8%) over the last four games.
• New Jersey tied a season-high with 32 shots on goal (also Oct. 16 vs. San Jose) & allowed a season-high 39 shots against.
Cory Schneider made a season-high 35 saves (+ 3/4 SO) and earned the 100th win of his NHL career (45 with New Jersey).
Lee Stempniak scored at 19:28 of the third period to tie the game/force overtime and extend his point-scoring streak to three games (2g-1a-3pts). Stempniak assisted on Adam Larsson's overtime goal on Tuesday vs. Arizona and scored the game-winner in OT on Sunday at Madison Square Garden. He also scored the game-deciding goal in the shootout tonight, the sixth of his NHL career.
Stempniak's goal marked the 45th time in team history that the Devils have tied the game with the goaltender pulled for the extra attacker (last time, March 26, 2015, Steve Bernier, 3-2 OT loss at Washington).
Adam Henrique scored his team-leading fourth goal of the season & recorded the primary assist on Tootoo's tally for his second multiple-point outing in the last three games. Henrique now has 3g-2a-5pts over the last four games.
Travis Zajac scored a five-on-three power-play goal at 5:02 of the first period and now has 2g-2a-4pts over the past two games. Zajac has goals in back-to-back games for the first time since February 27-28 (2g).
Jordin Tootoo scored a power-play goal just 1:30 later, his first of the season. It was the sixth PPG of Tootoo's career/second in his last 24 games dating back to March 6. He also received a five-minute major for fighting Chris Neil in the third period.
Mike Cammalleri tied a career-high with 3a tonight (five times previously, last time, February 13, 2013 vs. Dallas). He has points in a season-high three straight games (1g-4a-5pts) and leads the Devils with 2g-6a-8pts overall.
Kyle Palmieri was credited with the primary assist on Zajac's tally, which gives him 1g-2a-3pts on the season (1g-1a-2pts on the PP).
Jacob Josefson also assisted on Tootoo's goal and has points in back-to-back games (2a). He also scored in the shootout and is now 7/13 (53.8%) in his NHL career.
Damon Severson recorded the primary assist on Stempniak's goal, his third in the last four games.
Stephen Gionta received a 10 minute game misconduct and a five minute major for spearing. He had just 50 career PIM, all minors, coming into tonight's game.
Jon Merrill (illness) and Tuomo Ruutu (lower body/maintenance) both missed their third straight game.