New Jersey Devils 0 vs. Detroit Red Wings 1
Devils have three-game winning streak snapped.Team Notes
• New Jersey was shut out for the third time this season (also, Dec. 13 at NY Islanders & Nov. 10 vs. St. Louis).
• The Devils had their three-game winning streak snapped and fell to 20-15-5=45pts overall.
• New Jersey finished its season series vs. Detroit 2-1-0=4pts.
• The Devils are 8-2-3=19pts vs. the Atlantic Division this season, including 2-2-1=5pts at home.
• The Devils' penalty kill unit was 1/1 tonight and is 10/10 over the past five games.
• New Jersey outshot Detroit, 22-21.
Cory Schneider (20 saves) made the start and goal and fell to 17-11-5 on the season. Despite the loss, he's now allowed two goals or less in 20 of his last 26 starts since Oct. 29; he's 13-9-4 with three shutouts, a 1.98 goals-against average & .932 save-percentage during that stretch.
Kyle Palmieri led the Devils with a season-high (tie) five shots on goal.
Andy Greene appeared in his 599th NHL game and led the devils with 23:26 of TOI tonight.
Travis Zajac was 10/18 (55.5%) in the face-off circle.
Mike Cammalleri (upper body) missed his second straight game.
Jacob Josefson (lower body, four games) and Patrik Elias (knee, six games) also remained sidelined.