New Jersey Devils 0 at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
Devils fall to 1-1-0 in their season series vs. the Penguins.Team Notes
• New Jersey had its season-high (tie, Oct. 18-24) four-game winning streak snapped and is 25-20-5=55pts heading into the All-Star break.
• The Devils were shut out for the third time in their last 11 games and the fifth time overall.
• New Jersey had its two-game road winning streak snapped & fell to 14-10-2=30pts in away games overall.
• The Devils are 6-7-1=13pts vs. the Metropolitan Division, including 3-5-0=6pts on the road.
• New Jersey has lost five straight at CONSOL Energy Center and is 2-10-1 in Pittsburgh since 2010-11.
• The Penguins outshot the Devils 31-25, including 24-14 over the final two periods.
Cory Schneider (29 saves) had his four-game winning streak snapped. He fell to 13-7-2 on the road & to 22-15-5 overall. Despite the loss, Schneider has now allowed two goals or less in 27 of his last 35 starts since Oct. 29 & is 18-13-4, with four shutouts, a 1.96 goals-against average & .932 save-percentage during that stretch.
David Schlemko led the Devils with a season-high (tie, Jan. 2 vs. Dallas) four shots on goal. He also led the club with 21:43 of TOI tonight.
Seth Helgeson, Adam Larsson and Kyle Palmieri each registered five hits tonight.
Jacob Josefson was 10/14 (71.4%) in the faceoff circle.
Damon Severson skated in the 100th game of his NHL career.