New Jersey Devils 3 vs. Dallas Stars 2 (OT)Team Notes
• New Jersey improved to 6-1 in games decided in overtime this season.
• The Devils have won three straight for the first time since Oct. 18-24 (4-0-0), are 4-1-0 over past their past five games and improved to 20-14-5=45pts overall.
• New Jersey did not reach the 20-win mark until Game #51 last season (20-22-9=49pts).
• The Devils are now 8-0-2 vs. the Stars at home since 2000, including 6-0-2 at Prudential Center.
• New Jersey improved to 6-7-1=13pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 4-5-1=9pts at home.
• The Stars outshot the Devils, 31-30, but New Jersey held a 4-0 advantage in OT.
Cory Schneider (29 saves) improved to 17-10-5 on the season. He’s now allowed two goals or less in 19 of his last 25 starts since Oct. 29; he’s 13-8-4 with three shutouts, a 2.01 goals-against average & .931 save-percentage during that stretch.
John Moore scored the power play game-winner at 1:47 of overtime, his second OT goal of the season/of his NHL career (also, Nov. 28 at Montreal). It was the fourth game-winning goal of his career. Moore now has 3g-7a-10pts on the season, which ranks second among Devils’ defensemen (Damon Severson, 1g-10a-11pts). He led New Jersey with 23:48 of TOI tonight.
Kyle Palmieri scored his 17th goal of the season at 1:02 of the second period to give the Devils a 1-0 lead. He has 10g-4a-14pts over the last 17 contests. With 17g-13a-30pts overall, Palmieri needs just 1pt to tie his career-high (14g-17a-31pts in 71 games, 2013-14).
Bobby Farnham scored his fifth goal of the season/second in the last three games at 6:02 of the second to put New Jersey ahead 2-0. Farnham has 4g-1a-5pts in 11 games at Prudential Center.
Adam Henrique recorded 2a, including the lone assist on Moore’s goal, for his eighth multiple-point game of the season. He needs just 1a to reach 100 in his NHL career.
David Schlemko collected the primary assist on Palmieri’s goal and now has 2g-1a-3pts over the past five games. He led the Devils with a season-high four shots on goal.
Jordin Tootoo recorded the primary assist on Farnham’s goal and now has 1g-1a-2pts over the last five games. He has 3g-5a-8pts in 38 appearances overall.
Stephen Gionta also assisted on Farnham’s marker his first point since Dec. 11 vs. Detroit (nine games).
Travis Zajac led all forwards with 22:15 of TOI.
Mike Cammalleri (upper body) missed his first game of the season. He had played in 48 straight games since Mar. 23, 2015.