New Jersey Devils 2 at St. Louis Blues 5
• New Jersey is now 0-5-0 in its last four games vs. St. Louis & is 2-8-1 vs. the Blues since 2006-07.
• The Devils are 0-4-0 in their last four visits to Scottrade Center (last win, Dec. 30, 2008, 4-3).
• New Jersey fell to 1-1-0 on its season-high four-game road trip. The Devils have not won consecutive road games since Nov. 22-Dec. 3 (3-0-0).
• The Devils are 4-4-1=9pts over their last nine road games and are 12-8-2=26pts away from Prudential Center overall.
• New Jersey is 7-8-1=15pts vs. the Western Conference this season, including 3-3-0=6pts on the road.
• The Devils were 0/3 on the power play tonight and are 0/12 over the past five games. The penalty kill unit was 4/6 on the night.
• St. Louis outshot New Jersey, 37-24, including 28-14 over the final two periods.
Keith Kinkaid made a season high 32 saves (ENG) but took the loss and fell to 3-5-0.
Bobby Farnham scored at 12:12 of the first period to tie the game at 1-1. He now has four goals over the last eight games and has 7g-1a-8pts in 24 games with the Devils. Farnham has tied his career-high in goals at the pro level; he also scored 7g in both 2014-15 & 2013-14 with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (AHL). Farnham also totaled a career-high 15 PIM (misconduct, interference major) in the contest.
Lee Stempniak scored his tenth goal of the season at 14:47 of the first to put the Devils ahead 2-1. He’s reached the 30-point mark (10g-20a) for the eighth time in his NHL career. Stempniak now has points in 12 of the last 20 games (5g-7a-12pts). He needs just 1pt. to reach 400 in his NHL career (175g-224a). Stempniak also led New Jersey with four shots on goal tonight.
Adam Larsson recorded 2a for his second multiple-point game of the season (also, 1g-1a-2pts Oct. 20 vs. Arizona). He has 3a over the past three games.
Joseph Blandisi picked up the secondary assist on Stempniak’s goal, the first point of his NHL career. He also recorded one blocked shot, two hits and three shots on goal in a career-high 15:26 of action.
Stephen Gionta registered the primary assist on Farnham’s goal and now has 3a over the last six games; he had 1g-3a-4pts over the first 38 games of the season. Gionta was 7/12 (58.3%) in the face-off circle.
David Schlemko led the Devils with a season-high 23:22 of TOI.
Jordin Tootoo’s fighting major (vs. Ryan Reaves) was his team-leading ninth of season and his third in as many games. He leads the Devils with 74 PIM overall.