Coyotes (0-5-1) vs. Stars (3-3-0)
The Coyotes will complete a home-and-home series with Dallas in Glendale on Thursday night. The Stars won, 3-1, at American Airlines Center on Tuesday.
WHERE: Gila River Arena
WHEN: 7 p.m. (AZ time)
TV: FOX Sports Arizona
RADIO: ESPN 620 AM
Video: Tocchet: 'Got to Go to the Net'
• Two weeks into the 2017-18 season, the Coyotes still are seeking their first win under new Head Coach Rick Tocchet.
• Adin Hill, who made his NHL debut in Dallas on Tuesday, will start in Arizona's net again. Hill stopped 31 of 33 shots in his first game, and was named the No. 2 Star of the Game.
• Max Domi and Anthony Duclair both will enter the game having produced two goals and six assists in six career games vs. Dallas.
• The Coyotes rank third in the League with 164 hits. Lawson Crouse is leading the way with 22.
• Center Brad Richardson, who missed Tuesday's game because of a lower-body injury, did not practice Wednesday and remains day-to-day. Meanwhile, forward Brendan Perlini remains on the injured-reserve list with an upper-body injury. Perlini skated with teammates at Thursday's morning skate.
• Dallas is riding a five-game winning streak vs. Arizona, and is 8-2-0 against the Coyotes since the start of the 2014-15 season.
Video: Fischer: 'Going to Need a Greasy Win'
• "We're not too worried about any other teams right now. It's a matter of us winning a hockey game. It doesn't matter if we're playing against the Harlem Globetrotters or the Dallas Stars or a Triple-A team from Alberta. It doesn't matter. We've got to find a way to win a hockey game, and that's all we're concerned about right now." -- Max Domi on quick rematch vs. Stars
• "We've got to throw that mentality right out the window. We need to focus on one shift at a time and one period at a time, and we need to find some positive energy around here, even though it's not too fun to start the season like this. We can't get too down on ourselves or it's only going to get worse." -- Niklas Hjalmarsson on checking the standings each day
• "I thought the difference between us and Dallas on Tuesday was they went to the net well and we still are a perimeter team. We still have to be a little hungrier in front of their net. When you're not scoring goals, you might have to take a cross-check to score a goal. If you look at the goals in the League, most of the goals are scored around the net." -- Rick Tocchet on keys to scoring more
Video: Schenn: 'Need to Just Focus on Tonight'
READ: Hill Expected to Start vs. Stars Again