Coyotes (1-12-1) vs. Hurricanes (4-5-2)
Arizona will conclude a two-game homestand with a matchup vs. the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday night.
WHERE: Gila River Arena
WHEN: 6 p.m. (AZ time)
TV: FOX Sports Arizona
RADIO: ESPN 620 AM
• The Coyotes will try to snap a six-game losing streak (0-3-3) vs. Carolina in games played between the teams in Glendale. Arizona last defeated the Hurricanes on home ice on Dec. 3, 2005.
• Antti Raanta is expected to make a second consecutive start in goal after returning from a lower-body injury on Thursday vs. Buffalo. Raanta is 0-2-1 with a 4.08 goals-against average and a .885 save percentage in his first season with the Coyotes.
• Nick Cousins has scored three goals in his past five games, including a goal in each of the past two games. His career-high for goals in a season is six, which he's accomplished twice.
Video: Cousins on Capitalizing on Home Games
• Jason Demers will enter the game with a four-game point streak (one goal, four assists), which ties a career-high.
• The Coyotes and Hurricanes are the two least penalized teams in the NHL. Carolina averages a League-low 4:32 in penalty minutes per/game; the Coyotes average 6:30 penalty minutes.
• Carolina, which has earned three of its four wins on the road, launched 60 shots on goal vs. Colorado on Thursday, but lost 5-3. The 60 shots were just five shy of the franchise record of 65 set in 1984, when the team was the Hartford Whalers.
Video: Fischer: 'Just Keep It Simple'
• "It's nice to see the guys hate losing, but at the same time we're having the snowball effect when it comes to mistakes. If we limit those I think we'll be OK. We've had good first periods through the first 14 games of the season, but we always seem to have a lapse in the second period. If we get rid of those I think we'll start winning hockey games." -- Nick Cousins
• "We're getting better. I know everyone says that, but we really are ... No one is not working hard ... I think from Game 1 we've taken a crazy amount of strides in 'D' zone coverage, neutral zone forecheck - stuff that's crucial and how we win games." -- Christian Fischer
• "They've got some good young players and I think they've got a good defense ... One thing about that team is they win battles in the corners. That's what I like about them. They win battles. You've got to be ready to play that team." -- Rick Tocchet on Carolina Hurricanes
Video: Tocchet on Key Areas of Improvement