Coyotes (0-0-0) at Ducks (0-0-0)
The Arizona Coyotes are starting the 2017-18 season vs. the Anaheim Ducks.
WHERE: Honda Center
WHEN: 7 p.m. (AZ time)
TV: FOX Sports Arizona
RADIO: Arizona Sports 98.7 FM
Video: Biz & Nash Preview the 2017-18 Season Opener
• Rick Tocchet will enter his first season as head coach of the Coyotes with a 53-69-26 record as an NHL head coach.
• Louis Domingue will start in goal for the Coyotes, in place of Antti Raanta, who suffered a minor lower-body injury during training camp. Raanta will dress for the game and serve as Domingue's backup. Domingue finished the 2016-17 season by posting a 6-1-0 record and a .940 save percentage in his final eight games.
• Rookie Clayton Keller led the Coyotes in preseason points with eight (three goals, five assists).
• Forward Anthony Duclair is averaging a point per game vs. Anaheim in eight career games.
• The Coyotes are 12-7-1 in season-opening games since moving to Arizona in 1996.
• The Ducks are expected to play minus six injured regulars, including captain Ryan Getzlaf, who is out with a lower-body injury.
"The guys are loose, excited. Obviously everything's magnified when it's Opening Night but you just try to make sure that everybody understands (if there's) one bad shift or one bad period, just relax. That's something that we've talked about the last couple of days." -- Rick Tocchet
"This is fun. We all love playing here (in Anaheim). There's a rivalry for sure. They're a great hockey team, so you've got to respect that and be ready to go." -- Max Domi
"The last four of five days we haven't had anything going on other than practices. The biggest thing is let's drop the puck and let's get into some action. We've been preparing all week and we know what we want to do and how we want to do it ... I think guys are champing at the bit to get it started." -- Derek Stepan
Video: Tocchet on Prepping for Game No. 1