Monday, December 14, 2015
GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- The Arizona Coyotes will launch the first ever Arizona Coyotes Youth Mobile Tour on New Yotes Eve (Thursday, Dec. 31 at 5 p.m.) in the Westgate Entertainment District near “Fountain Plaza”, just two hours before the team takes on the Winnipeg Jets.
Designed as a must-see, 20-plus stop tour, the mobile experience will bring the Coyotes NHL experience to kids across the Valley of the Sun from the end of December through May. (Please see complete tour schedule attached.)
Aimed at increasing participation in the game of hockey among 6- to 16-year-olds, the tour will primarily stop at destinations for families and high traffic community events as well as youth hockey destinations.
The Arizona Coyotes Mobile Tour is a key activation in a long-term program developed by the Coyotes to grow the game in the state of Arizona. Local rink partnerships, the infusion of youth hockey into the in-game experience and multiple sponsorships of youth hockey development programs are just a few of the initiatives undertaken this year to support those who love the sport.
Elements of the tour include:
· Immersive technology and hands-on hockey skills stations.
· A fan zone where the hockey-obsessed get temporary Coyotes tattoos, hair chalk and face paint.
· An interactive draft experience with photo station and draft card.
· Video content from key Arizona Coyotes players.
· A personality quiz that matches kids to their favorite players.
· A virtual slap shot experience, allowing young players to take a shot on goal against an NHL goalie.
· An official Arizona Coyotes locker display.
· Giveaways, including printed draft card, social content, hats and silicone wristbands (while supplies last).
For more information on the Coyotes Youth Mobile Tour, please visit ArizonaCoyotes.com/mobiletour.