GLENDALE – The Coyotes are partnering with FOX Sports Arizona on Saturday night to stage/broadcast an in-game telethon to raise funds for Phoenix Children’s Hospital as the team takes on the Los Angeles Kings at Gila River Arena.
The hospital is looking to expand a state-of-the-art cancer center to more effetely treat every child who requires oncology and hematology care, and the Coyotes are eager to help.
“We as a sports team have a platform that we need to utilize to get out to the community and do some good,” Coyotes President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said. “You hope to get to a point somewhere down the road where you don’t have to do these types of things, but the reality is the reality, and therefore it’s very important for us as an organization to help causes like this that are are very important to us.”
There are four ways people can donate to this cause on Saturday night:
1. Donate online by clicking here
2. Call 623-266-9645 (starting at 5:30 p.m.)
3. Text PCHtelethon to 24700 to donate
4. Visit Sections 110 and 122 on the main concourse of the arena (starting at 5:30 p.m.).
“Space is an issue,” said Kim Froehle, a Child Life Specialist at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. “We have many people that come and sometimes they have to wait for an appointment, and so if we do have a bigger facility that will help. We want to be the ones to help them through this hard time.”
Coyotes fans who choose to phone in their donation during the game may hear a familiar voice on the other end of the line when they call. That’s because LeBlanc (first period) and goalie Mike Smith (third period) have volunteered to answer phones during the telethon. Several player wives/girlfriends, as well as local media celebrities, also have volunteered.
“We want to get our fans engaged,” LeBlanc said. “What we’re hoping is that everyone realizes that every little bit helps. We really want to see this take off the way that it should. Phoenix Children’s Hospital is a world-class facility and is looking to make some important changes. It’s our honor to try and help them.”
As part of the telethon, the Coyotes are making the following offers to those who donate:
1. Donations of $50 or more will receive TWO tickets to February 2nd game against LA and an Arizona Coyotes signed puck.
2. Donations of $75 will receive TWO tickets to February 2nd game against LA and a Max Domi signed puck.
3. Donations of $100 or more will receive TWO tickets to February 2nd game against LA and a signed Shane Doan Bobblehead.
For complete info, click here.