Wednesday, May 18, 2010GLENDALE, ARIZONA ---
Phoenix Coyotes Chief Operating Officer Mike Nealy announced today the winners of the Coyotes Charities’ Ticket Fundraising Grants. Throughout the 2010-11 season, non-profit organizations were presented with an opportunity to sell tickets at a group rate to their volunteers and supporters. Arizona Hockey Clubs and the Power of Pain Foundation were the top sellers in the non-profit and hockey categories and both will receive a grant in the amount of $10,000.
“On behalf of Coyotes Charities, I would like to congratulate Arizona Hockey Clubs and the Power of Pain Foundation on receiving the Coyotes Charities’ Ticket Fundraising Grants for the 2010-11 season,” said Nealy. “The support we received from our non-profit partners was incredible and we would like to thank everyone who participated.”
The Coyotes also announced that Coyotes Charities has launched its grant application process for the 2011-12 season.
Starting today, Arizona non-profits are able to apply for Coyotes Charities grants that will be distributed at the beginning of the 2011-12 season. Grant applications are available online at www.phoenixcoyotes.com/grantapplication and must be postmarked or hand-delivered to a Coyotes Charities representative by 5 p.m. on Friday, June 24, 2011.
“Coyotes fans and community members in the Valley were incredibly generous to Coyotes Charities this past season,” said Sarah Finecey, Executive Director of Coyotes Charities. “We are excited about the opportunity to help support other deserving non-profit organizations throughout Arizona.”
To be eligible, organizations must be classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity and focus on improving the lives of children in the areas of healthcare, education, cultural arts or youth sports. Coyotes Charities, a registered 501(c)(3) organization, is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life throughout Arizona communities by supporting non-profit organizations that promote healthcare, education, cultural arts and sports-related programs for children.
The following non-profit organizations were grant recipients during the 2010-11 season:
• AASK - Aid to Adoption of Special Kids
• Alhambra Education Partnerships, Inc.
• Arizona Amateur Hockey Association
• Arizona Autism United
• Arizona Heart Foundation
• Arizona Jewish Theatre Co., Inc.
• Arizona Lions Vision Center, Inc.
• Arizona Recreation Center for the Handicapped
• Arizona Science Center
• Arizonans for Children, Inc.
• Azimuth Foundation - Kids Sports Stars
• Back to School Clothing Drive
• Ballet Arizona
• Banner Health Foundation
• BBB of Central Arizona Foundation
• Beads of Courage, Inc.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Scottsdale
• Central Arizona Shelter Services
• Chandler Christian Community Center
• Children First Academy of Phoenix
• Children's Museum of Phoenix
• Community Alliance Against Family Abuse
• Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
• Desert Mission, Inc.
• Desert Sounds Performing Arts
• Duet: Partners in Health & Aging
• Educational Enrichment Foundation
• Epilepsy Foundation of Arizona
• Flashes of Hope
• Florence Crittenton
• Foundation for Blind Children
• Foundation for Burns and Trauma, Inc.
• Free Arts of Arizona
• Gabriel's Angels
• Girl Scouts - Arizona Cactus-Pine Council, Inc.
• John C. Lincoln Health Foundation
• Junior Achievement of Arizona, Inc.
• Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona
• March of Dimes Arizona Chapter
• Maricopa Health Foundation
• Movement Source Inc.
• Mt. Graham Safe House
• Musical Instrument Museum
• Phoenix Children's Hospital Homeless Youth Program
• Phoenix Rescue Mission
• PLAY Peoria, Inc.
• Purple Ribbon Council to Cut Out Domestic Abuse, Inc.
• Ronald McDonald House Charities of Phoenix, Inc.
• Ryan House
• Scottsdale Prevention Institute
• Southwest Autism Research & Resource Center
• Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Sciences
• St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
• St. Vincent de Paul
• Starlight Children's Foundation - Arizona
• The Melonhead Foundation
• The Partnership for a Drug-Free America, Arizona Affiliate
• The Phoenix Women's Sports Association
• The Tanner Catalano Foundation
• The Wellness Community
• Time Out, Inc.
• Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development
• UMOM New Day Centers, Inc.
• United Airlines Fantasy Flight
• United Food Bank
• University of Arizona Foundation
• Valley Leadership
• Valley Youth Theatre
• Wellcare Foundation
• Young Arts Arizona Ltd.
For more information about Coyotes Charities, please visit www.phoenixcoyotes.com.