Grants will be awarded at the 11th Annual Face Off Luncheon
Phoenix Coyotes Charities Chairman John Breslow announced the recipients of the 2007-08 Coyotes Charities grants. The winners will be recognized at the 11th Annual Face Off Luncheon presented by Gila River Casinos on Tuesday, Oct. 2 at Jobing.com Arena.
Coyotes Charities will award over $180,000 in grants to various organizations that share its mission of enhancing the quality of life throughout Arizona communities by supporting non-profit organizations that promote health care, education, cultural arts and sports-related programs for children.
Some of this year’s winners include River of Dreams, Special Olympics, Women’s Hockey Organization of Arizona, All the Kings Horses Children’s Ranch and Beads of Courage.
Grant applicants were evaluated based on the submission of their grant application, meeting the Coyotes Charities mission statement, whether it fulfilled an urgent community need and was financially feasible. The winners were selected by the Coyotes Charities Board of Directors.
The winners will be recognized at this year’s Face Off Luncheon which will celebrate the start of another year of hockey in the Valley as the Coyotes get ready to drop the puck on the 2007-08 season. Those attending the Luncheon will have the opportunity to share a table with a Coyotes player and will hear from Managing Partner and Head Coach Wayne Gretzky, General Manager Don Maloney, and Coyotes Charities Chairman John Breslow on the upcoming season and charity initiatives.
The following organizations are this year’s recipients of a Coyotes Charities grant:
- Aid to Adoption of Special Kids
- All the Kings Horses Children’s Ranch
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross Southern Arizona Chapter
- Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation
- Arizona Recreation Center for the Handicapped
- Arizona's Children Association
- AZ Lost Boys Center
- AZ StRUT
- Back-to-School Clothing Drive Association
- Banner Health Foundation
- Beads of Courage, Inc.
- Best Buddies Arizona
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona
- Child Improvement Through Therapy
- Desert Mission, Inc.
- Free Arts of Arizona
- Gabriel's Angels
- Girls For A change
- Junior Achievement of Arizona, Inc.
- Mesa Association of Sports for the Disabled
- Murphy Field of Dreams Little League, LLC
- National Brain Tumor Foundation
- Partnership for Drug Free America, Arizona Chapter
- Phoenix Rescue Mission
- Phoenix Theatre
- River of Dreams
- Rosie's House: A Music Academy for Children
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center
- Southwest Human Development
- Special Olympics Arizona
- The Arizona Lions Vision Center. Inc.
- The Luv Shack Ranch Rescue
- The Movement Source, Inc.
- Tu Nidito Children and Family Services
- United Food Bank
- Valley Youth Theatre
- Women's Hockey Organization of Arizona
- Youth On Their Own