GLENDALE - The Coyotes own seven picks in the 2017 NHL Draft, which is coming up in two weeks in Chicago.
With that in mind, here's some facts about past draft picks made by the Coyotes to whet the appetites of fans a fortnight before the names start getting called inside the United Center on June 23.
• The Coyotes drafted 16 of the 36 players who competed in at least one game for Arizona last season, including Shane Doan, who was drafted by Winnipeg the year before the franchise moved to Arizona.
• Among the players selected in the 1995 NHL Draft, Doan, who was drafted seventh overall, ranks second to only Jarome Iginla in games played (1,540), goals (402), assists (570) and points (972). Iginla was drafted 12th overall.
• Oliver Ekman-Larsson has scored more goals (88) than any other defenseman drafted in 2009.
• Louis Domingue ranks fourth in games played (77) among goalies drafted in 2010.
• Connor Murphy was the ninth of 11 defensemen drafted in the first round in 2011. Only three of them have played more games than Murphy (258).
• Jordan Martinook ranks second in goals (20), and third in assists (30) and points (50) among players drafted in the second round in 2012.
• Only five players drafted in the seventh round in 2012 have played a game in the NHL. Goalie Marek Langhamer is one of them.
• Max Domi ranks ninth in goals (27) among 2013 draftees.
• Brendan Perlini ranks 14th in goals (14) among 2014 draftees.
Video: Brendan Perlini's Draft Memories
• Christian Dvorak was drafted 58th overall in 2014 yet ranks 10th in points (33) among all players drafted that year.
• Clayton Keller and Jakob Chychrun are two of only nine players drafted in 2016 to play in an NHL game in 2016-17.
• Chychrun, who was drafted 16th overall, ranks fourth in goals (seven), assists (13) and points (20) among 2016 draftees.
Video: Jakob Chychrun's Draft Memories