Saturday, January 5, 2008
GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Phoenix Coyotes President and Chief Operating Officer Douglas Moss announced today that the Coyotes are holding a “Road Trip With Gretzky and the Coyotes” Contest, where one lucky fan and a guest will win the opportunity to accompany Managing Partner & Head Coach Wayne Gretzky and the Coyotes on a road trip to Dallas from Sunday, Feb. 10 to Monday, Feb. 11.
The package will include airfare to Dallas on the team flight, one hotel room and two tickets to see the Coyotes take on the Dallas Stars on Feb. 11 at American Airlines Center. The winner will also receive two tickets to the Coyotes’ home game against the Nashville Predators on Feb. 10. The fan and guest will depart Phoenix with the team immediately following the game.
Any fan possessing a valid game ticket to the Coyotes-Blue Jackets game on Jan. 17 and who is present at Jobing.com Arena on the night of the game will be eligible to win. The winner will be randomly selected and announced during the second intermission at center ice.
A ticket purchase is not required to enter the contest. For all entry procedures, please see the official rules at PhoenixCoyotes.com.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “Phoenix Coyotes Win a Road Trip with Wayne Gretzky Promotion” (the “Promotion”) is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States at least eighteen (18) years old at time of participation (“Eligible Participant”). Employees, officers and directors of Coyotes Hockey, LLC (“Coyotes”), Arena Management Group, LLC, and any participating promotional companies and prize providers, their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, web masters and web suppliers, and entities involved in the creation of Promotion materials, and members of the immediate family (spouse, children, siblings, parents) or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible. Each Eligible Participant must agree to these Official Rules and to all decisions of Coyotes, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. ENTRY: Each Eligible Participant may enter in either of the following ways: 1.) Attend the Coyotes game at Jobing.com Arena on Thursday, January 17, 2008 with a valid game ticket, or 2.) Mail a single postcard with one Eligible Participant’s name, address, and phone number Phoenix Coyotes Win a Road Trip with Wayne Gretzky Promotion, 6751 North Sunset Blvd, Suite 200,Glendale, AZ 85305. All mailed entries must be post-marked no later than January 15, 2008. Eligible Participants may only enter the Promotion one (1) time during the Contest Period. No exceptions will be allowed.
3. WINNING: Five (5) finalists will be randomly selected by Coyotes. Each Contestant shall be randomly selected from those fans in attendance at the applicable Selected Game and any postcards received by the Coyotes prior to 5pm on January 17, 2008. Of the five (5) finalists, one finalist shall be selected for the Grand Prize. Coyotes shall select five seat locations that have been scanned at any Jobing.com Arena entrance prior to the start of the applicable Selected Game and/or names from postcards. The fans sitting in those seat locations or selected postcard winners will be notified during the first period of the game and must be present in their seat to confirm eligibility. If the seat locations chosen do not have an Eligible Participant or if the Eligible Participant declines the prize, the Coyotes shall continue randomly selecting seat locations or postcard entrants based on the same criteria until an Eligible Participant is located. All Contestants must complete and sign an Agreement to Participate prior to receiving a prize.
4. PRIZES: Each of the Five (5) finalists shall receive a Coyotes jersey autographed by a select Coyotes player. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, which prize will be: round-trip airfare for (1) winner and (1) guest on the Coyotes team plane from Phoenix to Dallas on February 10-11, 2008; one (1) double-occupancy hotel room in Dallas, Texas for February 10, 2008; and two (2) tickets to the Phoenix Coyotes vs Dallas Stars hockey game at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas on February 11, 2008.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
a) Any attempted participation by means other than those permitted by these Official Rules, is void. Coyotes and any participating promotion agencies or prize providers will not be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries; or any technical error or failure, or unauthorized human intervention, or for the inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Coyotes are not responsible for contacting any participant if that participant has changed contact information and failed to provide Coyotes with the proper contact information when such information is required.
b) Neither Coyotes nor any participating promotion agencies or prize providers are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, lost, late, damaged, misdirected entries, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause). If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Coyotes, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Coyotes reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, in whole or in part, and if possible, to select the Contestants from entries received prior to the action taken or as otherwise may be deemed fair and appropriate by Coyotes. Coyotes reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Coyotes to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Coyotes to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Coyotes reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion.
IN NO EVENT WILL COYOTES, ANY PARTICIPATING PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES OR PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: This Promotion is subject only to the laws of Arizona in the United States. Prizes will be awarded and/or delivered only to addresses within the United States. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Additionally, Coyotes reserves the right to prosecute any fraudulent activities to the full extent of the law. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COYOTES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, participants in the Promotion agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, or the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration, to take place in the State of Arizona pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will a participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Coyotes in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to conflicts of law doctrine.
10. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winners, if any, send a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Phoenix Coyotes, Attn: Promotions Manager, 6751 North Sunset Blvd, Suite 200, Glendale, Arizona 85305.