2012-13 Coyotes Prospects Report: 12/10/2012
The Portland Pirates, the Coyotes’ top affiliate in the American Hockey League, have won four games in a row and lead the AHL’s Atlantic Division by seven points.
Portland (23-12-1-1) will try to stay hot this week despite losing lost four of its top six scorers – Alex Bolduc, Andy Miele, David Rundblad and Micahel Stone - to the Phoenix Coyotes, who opened training camp in Arizona over the weekend.
On Sunday, the Pirates defeated Worcester, 3-1, for their fourth straight win.
Brett Hextall, Chris Conner and Jordan Szwarz, scored goals for the Pirates.
Rob Klinkhammer picked up his 200th career AHL point with an assist in the first period. He added a second assist in the third.
Evan Brophey, who played in his 400th career AHL game, also notched an assist.
• The night before on Saturday, Portland rallied from a two-goal deficit to defeat Bridgeport, 6-3.
Szwarz notched two goals and an assist, while Brophey and Brendan Shinnimin each had a goal with two assists to power the Pirates.
Goalie Mark Visentin won his sixth straight start, stopping 39 of 42 shots.
Ethan Werek played in his 100th game for the Pirates and in his AHL career.
• Last Tuesday, the Pirates tied their season high in goals and scored five unanswered to beat Worcester 7-3.
The win tied the team record for consecutive wins at home at eight, which was set during the inaugural 1993-94 season.
Shinnimin and Chris Brown each scored two goals for the Pirates, with Shinnimin adding an assist.
NOTE: Enforcer Joel Rechlicz now has 109 penalty minutes in 22 games.
• Click here to check out this recent fight he had vs. Bridgeport’s Brett Gallant.
• Click here to see complete team stats.
Six prospects are playing for the Gwinnett Gladiators:
• Goalie Mike Lee is 12-9-1 with a 2.05 goals-against average and a .922 save percentage.
• Goalie Louis Domingue is 11-3-0 with a 2.76 goals-against average and a .900 save percentage.
• Forward Evan Bloodoff has 12 goals and 13 assists in 33 games.
• Forward Scott Arnold has three goals and five assists in nine games.
• Defenseman Justin Weller has one goal and two assists in 32 games.
• Forward Maxime Villemaire has one assist in 15 games.
Canadian Hockey League
Eight prospects are playing junior hockey for Canadian Hockey League teams:
• Forward Andrew Fritsch has 11 goals and 13 assists in 21 games for Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
• Defenseman Justin Hache has three goals and 15 assists in 44 games for Cape Breton (QMJHL)
• Forward Kale Kessy has 11 goals and 10 assists in 33 games for Vancouver (WHL) and Kamloops (WHL)
• Forward Lucas Lessio (injured) has seven goals and six assists in 13 games for Oshawa (OHL)
• Defenseman James Melindy has three goals and 10 assists in 41 games for Moncton (QMJHL)
• Defenseman Connor Murphy (injured) has six goals and 12 assists in 33 games for Sarnia (OHL)
• Forward Henrik Samuelsson has 22 goals and 27 assists in 44 games for Edmonton (WHL)
• Forward Maxime Villemaire has two goals in three games for Saint John (QMJHL).
• Goalie Marek Langhamer is 8-9-1 with a 3.57 goals-against average and a .890 save percentage for Medicine Hat (WHL)
• Forward Samuel "Hunter" Fejes has two goals and three assists in 23 games for Colorado College (WCHA)
• Defenseman Rhett Holland (injured) has played three games for Michigan State (CCHA)
• Forward Zac Larraza has five goals and seven assists in 20 games for University of Denver (WCHA)
• Forward Viktor Tikhonov has nine goals and 12 assists in 28 games for St. Petersburg.
European Elite Leagues
• Defenseman Jonas Ahnelov has two goals and four assists in 39 games for Modo (SWE)
• Forward Vladimir Ruzicka has four goals and 18 assists in 37 games for Slavia Praha (CZECH)
• Forward Alexander Ruuttu has nine goals and 16 assists in 32 games for Kiekko-Vantaa (FIN D1) and has played four games for Jokerit (SM-liiga)
• Defenseman Niklas Tikkinen has three goals and 10 assists in 10 games for Espoo (Jr. A SM-liiga), six assists in 14 games for Espoo (SM-liiga), one goal and two assists in five games for HCK (Finland2), and three assists in two games for LeKi (Finland2).