Monumental Sports & Entertainment announced an entirely overhauled in-game entertainment experience for the 2018-19 Wizards and Capitals seasons. The overhaul includes a new sound system, new DJ stage, new permanent 3D on ice/on court projection system, new Wizards and Capitals entertainment squads and more. The in-game entertainment overhaul comes as Capital One Arena is undergoing $40 million in renovations to ensure the very best fan experience for every person who comes through the door.
"We are committed to putting on the best show possible for every fan who comes to a game at Capital One Arena," said MSE President of Business Operations Jim Van Stone. "So, as we upgrade the facilities at the Arena this summer, we are also upgrading all of our in-game entertainment to keep the experience fresh and on the cutting edge."
"We're excited about these new changes to our game entertainment experience," said Hunter Lochmann, MSE Senior Vice President of Marketing. "We work hard to create the best, most engaging entertainment experience in professional sports and we hope fans love this new, revamped energy."
In addition to the new seats and new state-of-the-art sound system being installed as part of the Arena renovation, fans can expect to see these exciting changes:
- A new DJ stage for both Capitals and Wizards games
- A permanent 3D on ice/on court projection system that will create immersive video experiences, making fans feel as though they are in the middle of the pre-game action
- New entertainment squads for both the Capitals and Wizards:
- All-new, co-ed Wizards Dancers and Caps spirit teams, who will energize the crowd
- Wizdom, a new Wizards seniors dance team
- Wizards Power Pack, an entertainment crew that will feature stunts, tumbling and more
- And the fan favorite Wizkids dancers and Secret Service Dunkers will return, as well
- Digital signage throughout the fully-renovated concourses that will pull fans into an exclusively all-Wizards or all-Capitals team experience each night highlighting player and team imagery on each concourse
- Sponsored quadrants in the Arena where fans will experience concourse takeovers and can expect special offers and giveaways from sponsors
- Olympia ice resurfacer bus: groups of fans will be able to take pre-game and intermission rides
- A new, world class dining experience featuring options from premiere chefs David Chang, Cat Cora and Alex McCoy
- Updated PwC Club offering some of the best sightlines in the Arena and new 100-level lounge, both featuring top-of-the-line comfort seating and exclusive food and beverage options so fans can gather in style during the games
- A new in-bowl broadcasting platform for NBC Sports Washington
MSE is looking for talented dancers, tumblers and stunters of all ages - male and female -- to audition for the Wizards Dancers, Wizdom, Wizards Power Pack and Wizkids. If you or someone you know is interested in trying out, please reach out to email@example.com. We are also looking for high energy men and women who love working with people to audition to represent the Capitals. If you or someone you know fits that bill, please email firstname.lastname@example.org