The Dale Hunter Era has begun. Now you can walk into the Verizon Center Team Store on Friday before the Caps meet the Toronto Maple Leafs and walk out with a piece of Hunter’s first NHL triumph.
The Capitals and MeiGray Group, the team’s official game-worn jersey partner who runs the Washington Capitals-MGG Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program, will be offering its annual special set of home red jerseys on Friday. This special set of jerseys was worn in a very special game - Dale Hunter’s first NHL victory as head coach of the Caps, a 3-2 overtime triumph last Saturday night at Verizon Center over the Ottawa Senators.
Only 24 game-worn or game-issued jerseys will be available for sale in the Team Store, one per player, available on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Friday. The Team Store doors open at 5 p.m., two hours before our game vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Among the 24 jerseys will be:
- The jersey worn by Brooks Laich, playing in his 500th NHL game, who scored the game-winning goal just :12 seconds into OT.
- The jersey worn by Alex Ovechkin, who was also playing in his 500th NHL game.
- The jersey worn by Michal Neuvirth, who stopped 32 of 34 shots for the victory in goal.
- One jersey for each of the other 17 Capitals in the lineup.
- One game-issued jersey for four other Caps that were not in the lineup.
Every game-worn jersey was individually serial-numbered before it was worn and authenticated after it was worn by MeiGray and the Caps. Each jersey will come with a Washington Capitals-MeiGray Group Letter of Authenticity.
For any questions about these or other game worn jerseys please contact Barry Meisel with MeiGray Group at 908-541-0114 or email@example.com