WASHINGTON, D.C. - Capital One Arena would like to remind fans of the venue's security policies for all events and provide tips for quick entry for the upcoming 2019-2020 Washington Capitals and Wizards and Georgetown men's basketball seasons.
Beginning this season, backpacks (regardless of size) are prohibited. As a reminder, luggage, roller bags, hard-sided bags/briefcases and bags larger than 14" long, 14" tall, and 6" wide are prohibited at Capital One Arena. Diaper bags (if the adult is accompanied by a small child) and medical bags will be permitted after being searched.
Additionally, Capital One Arena will now have NO BAG/ EXPRESS LINES at the F Street Entrance. Express Lines will be clearly marked with NO BAG/ EXPRESS LINE signage for those patrons with no bags and/or for guests carrying a clutch purse/ wallet 4.5"x 6.5" or smaller.
As a reminder, all patrons are subject to search prior to entering Capital One Arena. Capital One Arena utilizes walk-through metal detectors for all events. Capital One Arena reserves the right to refuse items which may cause a danger or disruption to the event or to other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or the list of prohibited items. Any guest who declines to be searched or is in possession of prohibited items may be denied entry or ejected from the facility.
Capital One Arena also recommends the following tips to help expedite entry into the venue:
· Guests are encouraged to arrive early.
· Use clear bags smaller than 14" x 14" x 6" for easier search.
· Have all bags (and pockets within the bags) open and ready to be searched upon entry.
· Open jackets and remove hats before walking through the metal detector.
· Remove the following items from pockets - metal objects, keys, phones, electronic devices and cameras and be ready to place them in the basket provided.
Prohibited items at Capital One Arena include but are not limited to the following:
· Weapons (guns, knives, chains, spikes, projectiles, tasers, mace/pepper spray)
· Cans, bottles, or coolers*
· Outside Food and Beverage*
· Illegal drugs or drug paraphernalia
· Laser pointers
· Luggage, roller bags, backpacks, hard-sided bags/briefcases or bags larger than 14" long, 14" tall, and 6" wide
· Monopods, tripods or selfie sticks
· Noisemakers such as can-operated air horns, sirens, kazoos, whistles
· Pets (other than service animals)
· Sticks or poles
· Wrapped gifts
· Video and audio recording devices
· Any other item deemed prohibited by Capital One Arena
*Capital One Arena does allow one empty water bottle per guest. Guests with special dietary restrictions may contact the Guest Relations department at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to their visit for assistance.
CAPITAL ONE ARENA WILL NOT CHECK OR STORE ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS
Signs, Banners, Posters, and Flag Policy:
Unless otherwise specified by teams or event management, guests are welcome to bring small signs, posters and flags for events. Banners are not allowed. The following guidelines apply:
• Item must be related to the event
• Item may not be attached to a stick/pole
• Item may not obstruct any sponsor/building signage
• Item may not be attached, hung, taped and draped over any part of the building
• Item may not be commercial in nature
• Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Capital One Arena Management
• Item may not be constructed or displayed in a manner that may obstruct the view of other guests, interrupt the experience of other guests, or create a safety hazard
• Signs must be constructed of paper, fabric or poster board materials
• Signs may not be constructed of or contain plastic, wood, metal, glass or any material that can be used as a weapon
• Item may not be commercial or political in nature
For more information about Capital One Arena policies, please visit our website at www.capitalonearena.com.