CANUCKS VS ISLANDERS PREVIEW: (TV: Sportsnet Pacific; Radio: Sportsnet 650)
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the New York Islanders for their second and final meeting this season. This is also the third of a five-game home stand.
To date, Vancouver is 11-15-4 against teams from the Eastern Conference (6-6-2 versus teams from the Metropolitan Division).
LAST MEETING - NOV. 28/17: VAN 2 at NYI 5
Thomas Vanek netted the Canucks first goal of the game on the power play at 6:25 in the first period...Bo Horvat collected his first shorthanded goal of the season...Loui Eriksson, Sam Gagner and Chris Tanev each collected an assist on the night...Anders Nilsson faced 36 shots.
VS ISLANDERS TIDBITS:
• Jussi Jokinen has 22 career points (6-16-22) in 38 games vs NYI.
• Henrik Sedin has 17 career points (5-12-17) in 20 games vs NYI.
• Brandon Sutter (9-7-16 in 28 games) and Daniel Sedin (5-11-16 in 18 games) both have 16 career points vs NYI.
• Vancouver is 1-3-1 in their last 5 games against the Islanders.
Video: PREGAME | Boeser vs. Islanders
LAST GAME: MAR. 2/18: VAN 3 vs NSH 4 (OT)
Bo Horvat opened the scoring with a PPG goal at 5:55 in the first period...Alex Edler moved into first in franchise history for most points by a defenceman with two assists on the night...The Canucks went 2/5 on the power play...Brandon Sutter and Daniel Sedin also collected goals for the Canucks...Ben Hutton appeared in his 200th career game...Troy Stecher led the team in hits (7)...Jacob Markstrom faced 43 shots.
THE GOING RATE:
• Derrick Pouliot has 5 assists/points over the past 7 games.
• Brock Boeser has 11 points (5-6-11) over the past 13 games.
• Daniel Sedin has at least a point in 9 of the past 10 games (14 points over the past 10 games (8-6-14)).
• Henrik Sedin has 8 assists/points over the past 11 games including an assist in 4 straight games.
• Sven Baertschi has 8 points (3-5-8) over the past 11 games.
• Bo Horvat has collected 11 points (6-5-11) over the past 12 games.
PLAYER QUICK HITS:
• Alex Edler collected his 326th career point on Mar. 2/18 vs NSH to become the leading scorer among defencemen in franchise history, surpassing Mattias Ohlund. He ranks 23rd among active NHL defencemen in career scoring.
• Daniel Sedin notched his 20th goal of the season on Feb. 28. He has now surpassed Markus Naslund for the most 20+ goal seasons in franchise history (Daniel has done it 11 times). According to Elias Sports Bureau, Daniel ranks tied for 5th among active players for most 20+ goal seasons, behind Hossa (15), Marleau (15), Ovechkin (13) and Nash (12).
• Daniel Sedin collected his 136th career PPG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI, moving him into sole of possession of second for most career PPG among Swedish-born players in NHL history. Mats Sundin leads the way with 160 career PPG. Now with 137 PPG, Daniel ranks t-69th all-time for most PPG.
• Daniel Sedin collected his 85th career GWG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI to move into a tie for 26th all-time in NHL history (with Glenn Anderson and Marian Hossa). He is one GWG away from tying Joe Sakic and Pierre Turgeon for 24th most in history.
• Daniel Sedin has registered 13 goals since Jan. 7; it is tied for the 9th most in the League since that time.
• Henrik Sedin appeared in his 1,300th NHL game Feb. 3/18 vs TBL. He became just the 62nd player all-time and third Swedish born player in League history to achieve the feat. He now sits 60th all-time with 1,313 games played and is one game away from tying Bobby Holik in 59th.
• Brock Boeser ranks t-12th in the NHL goal-scoring race and leads all rookies with 29 goals. Boeser also leads all rookies in PPG (10), PPP (23) and shots (177).
• Boeser notched his 30th career goal (26th this season) on Feb. 18/18 at TBL to become just the 3rd Canucks skater to reach 30 goals with rookie status, joining Pavel Bure and Trevor Linden.