CANUCKS VS WILD PREVIEW
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Minnesota Wild for the first of three meetings this season.
The Canucks will return to Minnesota on Jan. 14 before playing their only home game of the season series on Mar. 9. Vancouver is 5-5-0 in their last 10 games against Minnesota dating back to the 2013.14 season (2-3-0 in their last 5).
Tonight's game concludes the Canucks first road trip of the season; Vancouver has gone 3-1-0 on the road trip to date.
VS WILD NOTES
• Henrik Sedin has 69 points (13-56-69) in 83 career games versus the Wild.
• Daniel Sedin has 65 points (22-43-65) in 80 career games versus Minnesota.
• Over the course of their careers, Minnesota ranks fourth among NHL teams for most points Henrik (69 points) and Daniel (65 points) have scored against a single opponent.
• Three Canucks enter tonight's game on a three game consecutive scoring streak against Minnesota: Brandon Sutter (3-2-5), Bo Horvat (2-2-4) and Sven Baertschi (1-2-3).
• Thomas Vanek played 2 seasons with the Wild from 2014-2016. He appeared in 154 games for Minnesota, collecting 93 points (39- 54-93). Vanek's ties to Minnesota trace back to college, when he played two seasons with the University of Minnesota.
• Minnesota native, Brock Boeser made his NHL debut and only appearance against the Wild on Mar. 25/17.
LAST GAME: OCT. 22: VAN 4 at DET 1
Sven Baertschi collected 2 goals on the night, tying a career high for most goals in a game...Derek Dorsett notched the game-winning goal at 8:30 in the second, his first since Mar. 14/15 vs TOR...Dorsett also extended his goal and point scoring streak to three games, establishing and tying career highs, respectively...Jake Virtanen recorded his first goal of the season...Bo Horvat shared the game lead for most points (2 assists)...Jacob Markstrom faced 21 shots and posted the win in his first appearance against Detroit.
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 9th in rookie goals (2) and tied for 6th in rookie points (6). He also ranks tied for second among rookies in points per game (1.00).
• Bo Horvat ranks t-7th in the League in faceoff wins (92).
• Michael Del Zotto leads the team with 15 blocked shots and in TOI/game (24:33).
• Derek Dorsett leads the team in goals (5) and hits (17) and is tied for the lead in points (6). He also ranks tied for fourth in the league for best shooting percentage (35.7%)
• The Canucks rank 11th in faceoff win percentage at 52.1%.
• The Canucks rank t-4th for most points on the road this season.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• Chris Tanev's goal on Oct. 12 vs WPG and Oct. 10 vs OTT marked the first time in his career he has scored in consecutive games.
• With his 68th shootout attempt on Oct. 10 vs OTT, Thomas Vanek moved to 24th all-time in NHL history in shootout attempts. His 28 shootout goals ranks him t-19th in NHL history.
THE GOING RATE
• Brock Boeser has 6 points (2-4-6) over 6 games played.
• Sven Baertschi has an assist in 3 out of the last 5 games.
• Michael Del Zotto recorded at least an assist in 4 straight games (5 assists) which tied a career high (Dec. 5-11/11: 5 assists).
• Derek Dorsett has 5 goals over the past 5 games and is currently on a 3-game scoring streak, establishing the longest goal scoring streak of his career. He has also tied the longest scoring streak of his career (3 games from Mar. 28-31/12: 2-1-3).
• Thomas Vanek has a goal in 2 of the last 4 games.
• Alex Burmistrov has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 5 games.