CANUCKS AT KINGS PREVIEW: (TV: Sportsnet Pacific; Radio: Sportsnet 650)
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Los Angeles Kings for their fourth of four meetings this season (2-1-0). This is also the second of a three-game road trip that sees its final stop in Anaheim (Mar. 14).
To date, Vancouver is 13-19-5 against teams from the Western Conference (6-13-1 versus teams from the Pacific Division).
Tonight also marks the conclusion of the Canucks ninth of 10 back-to-back series this season.
Vancouver is 5-11-1 (2-6-1 in the first game and 3-5-0 in the second game) in back-to-back games thus far in 2017.18
LAST MEETING - JAN. 23/18: VAN 6 vs LAK 2
Loui Eriksson opened the scoring at 1:02 of the first and added another at 3:50 to make it 2-0 (he also added an assist)...Thomas Vanek added a goal 2 minutes later and also recorded 2 assists...Sven Baertchi notched a goal on the power-play midway through the first to make it 4-1...Brock Boeser had a pair of power-play goals in the second...Bo Horvat and Alex Edler each notched 2 assists; Edler also had a team-high 6 blocked shots...Michael Del Zotto and Sam Gagner also picked up a helper...Jacob Markstrom made 30 saves.
VS KINGS TIDBITS:
- Loui Eriksson leads Canucks skaters in scoring against the Kings in the 2017.18 season series (2-2-4 in 3 GP).
- Henrik Sedin leads Canucks skaters in career points vs LA (11-36-47 in 68 games).
- Daniel Sedin has 44 career points (17-27-44) in 65 games.
- Loui Eriksson has 31 career points (13-18-31) in 48 games.
- Vancouver is 3-2-0 in their last 5 games against LA (5-4-1 in the last 10 meetings).
LAST GAME: MAR. 11/18: VAN 0 at ARI 1
Alex Edler tied a Canucks season high for most blocked shots in a game (7)...Darren Archibald recorded seven hits...Bo Horvat led the team with five shots...The Canucks did not allow a goal at even stength...Jacob Markstrom faced 24 shots.
THE GOING RATE:
- Derrick Pouliot has 5 assists/points over the past 11 games.
- Brendan Leipsic has 6 points (2-4-6) over the past 6 games as a Canuck.
- Jake Virtanen has 2 points (1-1-2) over the past 4 games.
- Brandon Sutter has 4 points (2-2-4) over the past 10 games.
- Daniel Sedin has 15 points (8-7-15) over the past 14 games.
- Alex Edler has 5 assists/points over the past 11 games.
- Henrik Sedin has 7 assists/points over the past 12 games.
- Jussi Jokinen has a goal in 2 of his last 3 games.
- Darren Archibald has 5 points (3-2-5) over the past 14 games.
- Bo Horvat has collected 12 points (6-6-12) over the past 14 games (6 points over the past 6 games).
- Sam Gagner has an assist in 2 of his last 3 games..
PLAYER QUICK HITS:
- Alex Edler collected his 326th career point on Mar. 2/18 vs NSH to become the leading scorer among defencemen in franchise history, surpassing Mattias Ohlund. He ranks 23rd among active NHL defencemen in career scoring.
- Daniel Sedin notched his 20th goal of the season on Feb. 28. He has now surpassed Markus Naslund for the most 20+ goal seasons in franchise history (Daniel has done it 11 times). Daniel ranks tied for 5th among active players for most 20+ goal seasons, behind Hossa (15), Marleau (15), Ovechkin (13) and Nash (12).
- Daniel Sedin collected his 136th career PPG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI, moving him into sole of possession of second for most career PPG among Swedish-born players in NHL history. Mats Sundin leads the way with 160 career PPG. Now with 137 PPG, Daniel ranks t-69th all-time for most PPG.
- Daniel Sedin collected his 85th career GWG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI to move into a tie for 26th all-time in NHL history (with Glenn Anderson and Marian Hossa). He is one GWG away from tying Joe Sakic and Pierre Turgeon for 24th most in history. 21.8% of Daniel Sedin's career goals have been been GWG. That is the 2nd highest percentage in NHL history among players with 250 career goals.
- Daniel Sedin has registered 13 goals since Jan. 7; it is tied for the 13th most in the League since that time.
- Henrik Sedin appeared in his 1,300th NHL game Feb. 3/18 vs TBL. He became just the 62nd player all-time and third Swedish born player in League history to achieve the feat. He now sits 57th all-time with 1,317 games played and is 1 game away from tying Guy Carbonneau for 56th.
- Brock Boeser ranks t-15th in the NHL goal-scoring race and leads all rookies with 29 goals. Boeser also leads all rookies in PPG (10), PPP (23) and shots (179).
- Boeser notched his 30th career goal (26th this season) on Feb. 18/18 at TBL to become just the 3rd Canucks skater to reach 30 goals with rookie status, joining Pavel Bure and Trevor Linden.