CANUCKS VS RED WINGS PREVIEW
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Detroit Red Wings for the first of two meetings this season. The Canucks face the Red Wings at Rogers Arena on Nov. 6.
Vancouver is 2-6-2 in their last 10 games against Detroit dating back to the 2012.13 season (1-2-2 in their last 5).
Tonight's game marks the 4th game of the Canucks first road trip of the season that concludes with a visit to Minnesota (Oct. 24).
VS. RED WINGS NOTES
• Daniel Sedin has 49 points (20-29-49) in 53 career games versus the Red Wings
• Henrik Sedin has 48 points (10-38-48) in 54 career games versus Detroit.
• Sam Gagner has 16 points (7-9-16) in 29 career games versus Detroit.
• Jacob Markstrom has never faced the Red Wings in his career.
• Anders Nilsson has faced the Red Wings once in his career, posting a win along with a 1.85 GAA and .941 save percentage.
• Thomas Vanek played 48 games for the Red Wings to start the 2016.17 season. Prior to being traded to Florida, his 15 goals led the team and his 2.8 points per hour ranked in the top-five among NHL forwards. In his career versus Detroit, Vanek has registered 10 points (5-5-10) in 18 games.
LAST GAME: OCT. 20: VAN 4 at BUF 2
Markus Granlund opened the scoring for the Canucks with his first of the year that tied the game 1-1 at 11:56 of the first period...Derek Dorsett notched a shorthanded goal to make it 2-2 at 5:52 of the second and later scored an empty-net goal at 19:38 of the third...He also added an assist to tie both a career-high for goals (2) and points (3) in a game...Daniel Sedin notched the game-winner at 8:10 of the second...Brandon Sutter chipped in with 2 assists while Michael Del Zotto, Chris Tanev, Jake Virtanen and Henrik Sedin each recorded an assist a piece...Jacob Markstrom made 20 saves to record his second win of the season.
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 8th in rookie goals (2) and tied for 6th in rookie points (5). He also ranks tied for third among rookies in points per game (1.00).
• Bo Horvat ranks 7th in the League in faceoff wins (83).
• Michael Del Zotto's 6 blocked shots on the PK ranks tied for 5th in the League. He also leads the team with 13 blocks and in TOI/game (24:30).
• Derek Dorsett leads the team in goals (4) and hits (14) and is tied for the lead in points (5).
• The Canucks rank 8th in faceoff win percentage at 52.4%.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• Chris Tanev's goal on Oct. 12 vs WPG and Oct. 10 vs OTT marked the first time in his career he has scored in consecutive games.
• With his 68th shootout attempt on Oct. 10 vs OTT, Thomas Vanek moved to 24th all-time in NHL history in shootout attempts. His 28 shootout goals ranks him t-19th in NHL history.
THE GOING RATE
• Brock Boeser has 5 points (2-3-5) over 5 games played.
• Sven Baertschi has an assist in 3 out of the last 4 games.
• Michael Del Zotto has recorded at least an assist in 4 straight games (5 assists) which is currently tied for a career high (Dec. 5- 11/11: 5 assists).
• Derek Dorsett has 4 goals over the past 4 games.
• Thomas Vanek has a goal in 2 of the last 3 games.
• Alex Burmistrov has 3 points (1-2-3) over the past 4 games.
• Chris Tanev has an assist in 2 straight games.