- J.T. Miller ranks tied for t-7th in the NHL for PPG (7). Bo Horavt and Elias Pettersson each have six, ranked t-18th.
- Elias Pettersson ranks t-10th for PPP (17).
- Vancouver ranks tied for 1st in the League with 39 power play goals this season.
On Dec. 19/19 vs VGK, Chris Tanev notched his fourth career overtime goal, placing him in a tie with Alex Edler for third in franchise history by a Canucks defenceman. Sami Salo holds the record with 7, followed by Mattias Ohlund with 6.
THIRD TIME'S A CHARM
Canucks rookie defenseman Quinn Hughes collected his third three-assist game this season on Nov. 27/19 at PIT. Hughes became the first rookie defenceman in Canucks history to accomplish the feat in a single season (Oct. 30 at LAK and Nov. 21 at NSH). The only rookie blueliner with more in a single season is Ray Bourque (4 in 1979-80 with BOS).
- J.T. Miller (1-1-2) scored the game-winning goal on Dec. 21/19 vs PIT to boost his 2019-20 totals to 14-20-34 (37 GP). The 26- year-old forward has collected the second-most points among players acquired during the off-season, trailing only Rangers forward Artemi Panarin (20-24-44 in 34 GP).
- J.T. Miller (13-18-31), collected at least one point in eight straight games (5-6-11) from Nov. 21-Dec. 7. The last player to record a longer point streak in his first year with Vancouver was Mark Messier in 1997-98 (5-9-14 in 10 GP).
Bo Horvat ranks 2nd in the NHL in face-off wins (496), even strength face-off wins (369) and and 1st in power play face-off wins (104). On Nov. 16/19 vs COL, Horvat won 26 draws in the face-off circle, tying the second highest club record in a single game (Mark Messier - Mar. 2/98 vs LA). The Canucks record stands at 28, set by Messier on Jan. 8/99 vs FLA. Canucks Head Coach Travis Green holds the League record for faceoff wins in a single game with 33, set on Nov. 8/97 vs CHI.
PRODUCTION FROM PETTERSSON
Elias Petterson is one of five active players to reach the 30-point mark in fewer than 30 games in each of his first two or more NHL seasons. The others: Sidney Crosby (10x) Evgeni Malkin (9x) Alex Ovechkin (6x) and Connor McDavid (5x).
Pettersson recorded his 100th career point in his 103rd game, becoming the second quickest Canuck to accomplish the feat. The quickest a Canuck has reached 100 points was 96 games, achieved by Pavel Bure. The third quickest is Ivan Hlinka who did so in 109 games.