CANUCKS VS BRUINS PREVIEW:
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Boston Bruins for the first of two meetings this season. The Canucks face the Bruins at Rogers Arena on Feb. 17.
Vancouver is 5-5-0 in their last 10 games against Boston dating back to the 2010.11 season (2-3-0 in their last 5).
Tonight's game marks the second game of the Canucks first road trip of the season that also sees stops in Buffalo (Oct. 20), Detroit (Oct. 22) and Minnesota (Oct. 24).
VS BRUINS NOTES:
• Thomas Vanek has 66 points (32-34-66) in 61 career games versus the Bruins. His career-high for points in a game (5) last occurred on Jan. 31/13 at BOS: 3-5-5.
• Daniel Sedin has 13 points (6-7-13) in 20 career games versus the Bruins. On Jan. 21/16, he scored to surpass Markus Naslund for most goals in franchise history (348).
• Brandon Sutter has 12 points (5-7-12) in 26 career games versus Boston.
• Henrik Sedin has 10 points (2-8-10) in 19 career games versus Boston.
• Alexander Burmistrov's 300th NHL game occurred on Oct. 17/16 vs BOS.
• Michael Del Zotto has 9 points (3-6-9) in 22 career games versus the Bruins.
• Markus Granlund's career-high for goals in a game (2) last occurred on Mar. 13/17 vs BOS. His last power play goal occurred on Feb. 11/17 at BOS.
• Bo Horvat notched his 100th career NHL point on Feb. 11/17 at BOS. He has 4 points (1-3-4) in 6 career games versus the Bruins.
• Anders Nilsson made his NHL debut on Nov. 19/11 versus Boston.
LAST GAME: OCT. 17: VAN 3 at OTT 0
Brock Boeser opened the scoring on the power play 15:29 in the first period...He added an assist later in the second to record a career- high for points in a game (2)...Alex Burmistrov added a goal and an assist...Thomas Vanek added an insurance marker in the third...Sven Baertschi and Michael Del Zotto each added an assist...Anders Nilsson made 32 saves to pick up his third career shutout (in his Canucks debut).
Milestone Night: Derek Dorsett appeared in his 500th career game...Thomas Vanek's goal in the third period was his 700th career NHL point. He became just the 53rd player born outside of North America to register 700 or more points in his career. He also became the fourth player from the 2003 NHL Draft to reach 700 points.
The Canucks embark on their first of 10 back-to-back series this season with 8 series taking place on the road. This is the fewest number of back-to-back series the Canucks have had since playing in seven during the 2012.13 season.
In 2016.17, the Canucks played in 16 back-to-back series posting a record of 13-18-1 including a record of 7-8-1 in the first game and 6-10-0 in the second game.
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for fifth in rookie goals (2) and tied for fourth in rookie points (4). He also ranks third among rookies in points per game (1.33) and fourth in rookie shooting percentage (28.6%).
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• Through 5 games, Henrik Sedin ranks sixth in the NHL in faceoff win percentage with 63.5% (min. 30 faceoffs). • Bo Horvat ranks 13th in the League in faceoff wins (60).
• Michael Del Zotto's 6 blocked shots on the PK ranks tied for 4th in the League. He leads the team with 2.0 blocks per game.
• Chris Tanev's goal on Oct. 12 vs WPG and Oct. 10 vs OTT marked the first time in his career he has scored in consecutive games.
• With his 68th shootout attempt on Oct. 10 vs OTT, Thomas Vanek moved to 24th all-time in NHL history in shootout attempts. His 28 shootout goals ranks him t-19th in NHL history
• The Canucks rank fifth in faceoff win percentage at 53.4% • The Canucks rank fourth fourth for penalty killing at 89.5%