CANUCKS VS COYOTES PREVIEW: (TV: Sportsnet 360; Radio: Sportsnet 650)
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Arizona Coyotes for their second of four meetings this season.
This is also the fourth of a five-game home stand.
To date, Vancouver is 13-17-5 against teams from the Western Conference (6-11-1 versus teams from the Pacific Division).
LAST MEETING - FEB. 25/18: VAN 3 at ARI 1
Daniel Sedin opened the scoring on the PP at 2:16 of the first and later registered the GWG at 11:43 of the third...Darren Archibald notched his first SHG at 14:08...Troy Stecher tied a career-high with 2 assists while Pouliot, Boeser, Sutter, Henrik Sedin each had a helper...Jacob Markstrom made a season-high 41 saves...Michael Del Zotto notched a game-high 6 blocks while Erik Gudbranson registered a game-high 5 hits.
VS COYOTES TIDBITS:
• Henrik Sedin leads Canucks skaters in career points against the Coyotes (11-41-52 in 65 GP).
• Daniel Sedin has collected 51 (17-34-51) career points in 65 games against Arizona.
• Jacob Markstrom has a record of 4-1-0 along with a .946 save percentage and 1.78 GAA in 5 career games versus ARI.
• Anders Nilsson has a record of 0-2-1 along with a .864 save percentage and 3.58 GAA in 3 career games versus ARI
LAST GAME: MAR. 5/18: VAN 4 vs NYI 3 (OT)
Brendan Leipsic got the Canucks on the board at 14:25 of the second and later scored his second goal 2:47 into OT; he also notched an assist...Darren Archibald scored on a penalty shot (first goal on first attempt) to tie it 2-2 at 15:59 of the second...Jake Virtanen put the Canucks up 3-2 at 10:31 of the third; he also registered a game-high 5 hits...Jacob Markstrom made 31 saves...Bo Horvat registered an assist and went 16/25 in faceoffs...Jussi Jokinen made his Canucks debut.
THE GOING RATE:
• Derrick Pouliot has 5 assists/points over the past 8 games.
• Brock Boeser has 6 points (2-4-6) over the past 7 games.
• Daniel Sedin has at least a point in 9 of the past 11 games (14 points over the past 11 games (8-6-14)).
• Henrik Sedin has registered an assist in 5 of the last 6 games.
• Bo Horvat has collected 5 points (2-3-5) over the past 3 games.
• Brendan Leipsic has 5 points (2-3-5) over the past 3 games.
• Darren Archibald has 4 points (3-1-4) over the past 7 games.
PLAYER QUICK HITS:
• Brendan Leipsic leads the NHL in scoring since the trade deadline on Feb. 26 with 5 points (2-3-5) in 3 games.
• Alex Edler collected his 326th career point on Mar. 2/18 vs NSH to become the leading scorer among defencemen in franchise history, surpassing Mattias Ohlund. He ranks 23rd among active NHL defencemen in career scoring.
• Daniel Sedin notched his 20th goal of the season on Feb. 28. He has now surpassed Markus Naslund for the most 20+ goal seasons in franchise history (Daniel has done it 11 times). According to Elias Sports Bureau, Daniel ranks tied for 5th among active players for most 20+ goal seasons, behind Hossa (15), Marleau (15), Ovechkin (13) and Nash (12).
• Daniel Sedin collected his 136th career PPG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI, moving him into sole of possession of second for most career PPG among Swedish-born players in NHL history. Mats Sundin leads the way with 160 career PPG. Now with 137 PPG, Daniel ranks t-69th all-time for most PPG.
• Daniel Sedin collected his 85th career GWG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI to move into a tie for 26th all-time in NHL history (with Glenn Anderson and Marian Hossa). He is one GWG away from tying Joe Sakic and Pierre Turgeon for 24th most in history.
• Daniel Sedin has registered 13 goals since Jan. 7; it is tied for the 10th most in the League since that time.
• According to Sportsnet Stats, 21.8% of Daniel Sedin's career goals have been been GWG. That is the 2nd highest percentage in NHL history among players with 250 career goals.
• Henrik Sedin appeared in his 1,300th NHL game Feb. 3/18 vs TBL. He became just the 62nd player all-time and third Swedish born player in League history to achieve the feat. He now sits 60th all-time with 1,313 games played and is one game away from tying Bobby Holik in 59th.
• Brock Boeser ranks t-13th in the NHL goal-scoring race and leads all rookies with 29 goals. Boeser also leads all rookies in PPG (10), PPP (23) and shots (179).
• Boeser has scored 29 of the Canucks 180 goals this season which is the 6th highest percentage of team goals scored this season.
• Boeser notched his 30th career goal (26th this season) on Feb. 18/18 at TBL to become just the 3rd Canucks skater to reach 30 goals with rookie status, joining Pavel Bure and Trevor Linden.