Team Blue walked on the White side Monday 6-2 with Great Dane Jannik Hansen netting a pair. It was slightly less physical than Sunday, but a good showing at 8 Rinks once again.
The Canucks announced today they have agreed in principle to a one-year deal with unrestricted free agent forward Trevor Linden.
At 36, Linden said there's nowhere else he wanted to play this season. It was just a matter of making the deal.
He worked out today with more than 20 Canuck teammates and says he's refreshed and ready for camp.
"I'm really looking forward to the year. It's a different space that I'm in now."
Linden resigned as president of the NHLPA this past year after helping negotiate the new CBA.
ELLIS BOUNCING BACK
Shawinigan netminder Julien Ellis took a shot off the color bone Sunday and was taken to hospital for a closer look.
With Ellis gone, the Canucks were left with just three goaltenders at prospects camp prompting Dave Nonis to bring in 20-year-old Victoria Salmon Kings' goaltender Bryan Bridges.
Turns out Ellis just suffered a painful bruise and will return tomorrow, but Nonis says he's still poking around for another veteran body.
"There's a couple things that we're looking to do now, whether they come through or not, I don't know. But there's potential for more goaltenders at camp anyway."
"You're going to get guys nicked up between now and the end of Vernon camp where you're just going to have to adjust."
With Ellis and Bridges, the Canucks have five goalies at prospects camp. Only Luongo and Flaherty are slated to join in Vernon.
RETURN OF THE KING?
Forward Jason King remains un-signed and out of camp.
The 25-year-old left winger from Cornerbrook Newfoundland scored 19 goals in 35 AHL games last season and was angling for a top-line spot with the Canucks.
"I haven't spoken to [King's agent] since last week," said Nonis. "They know where we're at and hopefully Jason signs and wants to come to camp and try to make our team."
King's agent suggested playing overseas remains a possibility.
"If Europe's the option he's looking at what he thinks is best for his life and his career, that's up to him," Nonis said.
A former Moose player who didn't report to prospects camp for an entirely different reason is Alex Burrows, who signed a new three-year deal over the weekend.
"Alex is a great story," said Nonis. "I don't think people give it enough attention what he did to play. He came to camp without a contract several times."
Burrows played 43 games in his NHL debut last season scoring seven goals - most of them the fruit of dogged determination.
"He played in the East Coast league for more than one season and battled to get an American League contract. It's a great story about a player who wouldn't quit...I had no problem signing him to a multi-year deal."
Centre Ryan Kesler remains the final regular roster player without a deal in place heading into training camp.
He played 82 games last season finishing with 10 goals and 23 points.
"We made him a strong offer and made it over a month ago," said Nonis. "It's what we're going to pay him if he's going to play here. I think he'll ultimately sign that and be in camp...there's no getting closer or negotiating."
"We've made him a good offer that shows him what we think of him as a player, but there's not going to be any negotiation. It's where we are."
"I'm not saying that as a threat, it's just a reality."