Information TechnologyReports to:
Manager, Information TechnologyTerm:
Effective September for approximately one yearSUMMARY:
The Technical Analyst is responsible for providing timely support, analysis and resolution to software, hardware and network related system problems; performing preventative maintenance tasks; hardware and software installations; and network administration. This position will also be required to participate in corporate / departmental initiatives as required and manage projects as assigned. Some off hours support for arena events and technology related projects may be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provides support and maintenance of computers, printers, peripherals and end user software for all Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE) users
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems relating to hardware and software
- Follows, maintains and updates technical standards for computers, printers, peripherals, network and end user software, ensures that systems security procedures and standards are maintained and enforced
- Maintains knowledge of the functions of departments served, the production applications they use and their requirements as applied to the work performed
- Performs installations, configurations and deployments of client systems (workstations / laptops), printers and peripherals
- Assists in installation and configuration of network related devices (e.g. switches, routers, etc.)
- Responsible for developing related support documentation and training of system processes and procedures that relate to all systems implemented for IT staff and end-users
- Responsible for maintaining, supporting and the enhancement of Microsoft Exchange 2007 infrastructure
- Administers and maintains Windows Server environment (Active Directory infrastructure and group policies)
- Responsible for all aspects of maintaining, supporting and enhancing an enterprise management system – LANDesk.
- Coordinates and installs software applications and upgrades for end-users
- Monitors software packages for proper licensing and balanced usage
- Manages all aspects of maintaining, supporting and enhancing an enterprise backup system – Veritas.
- Responsible in ensuring regular backups are performed, and performs file recovery when required.
- Maintains knowledge of and supports Blackberry Enterprise Server and devices
- Ensures security procedures and standards are maintained and enforced
- Manages antivirus software distribution, updating, and policy standards
- Communicates with third-party vendors as required
- Maintains and continues technical training and keeps abreast of developments in network, software, hardware and operating systems.
- Researches and makes technological recommendations based upon company business needs
- Develops project plans, including anticipated time lines and required resources
- Provides technical guidance to Help Desk Coordinator/junior technical staff
- Provide coverage for helpdesk as required and serves as on-call support after hours as required
- University degree or diploma in technical related area, coupled with expertise and experience at a level of a MCSE and A+ certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- A minimum of 5 years experience within the IT industry with expertise in PC software and hardware, networking, and database technologies
- Excellent technical and non-technical written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with end users (including all levels of management), peers, and vendors
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Windows client and server operating systems and applications, MS Exchange 2007/2010, RMS (POS), networking technologies and environments
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and principles used in training others in software applications as related to the work performed
- Ability to examine user/server applications and practices and identify problems, solutions,
- Improvements and/or additional needs
- Experience and strengths in Project Management
- Team player with outstanding service and problem resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skill and ability to prioritize
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than August 23, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451 or email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.