Retail Reports to:
Retail Store Manager
Our Event Retail team works in a unique retail environment combining a conventional retail setting with the excitement of the NHL’s Vancouver Canucks. With a large retail store and nine kiosks within Rogers Arena we believe that we offer the best product selection and customer service in the business. The Team Captain will be responsible for overseeing the activities of their kiosk, monitoring sales staff performance, balancing cash outs, replenishment of product and running the overall business in a stand. The Team Captain is eligible for the same bonus plan as the part time sales staff. Team Captains must be available to work evenings and weekends, and are required to commit to working the majority of the games and concerts during the season.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(other duties may be assigned as required)
Maximize Sales and Customer Service
- Ensure staff in their stand are trained and motivated to provide professional and effective sales service to all customers.
- Execute and monitor all markdowns and game night specials.
- Analyze your kiosks’ performance on a continuous basis and strive to achieve and surpass sales goals.
- Manage and control inventory to optimize sales and replishment to your stand.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your kiosk, ensuring dusting, sweeping, etc is being done regularly.
Human Resource Management
- In conjunction with the Retail Operations Manager and the Store Manager, oversee the training, motivation and development of the kiosk staff.
- Merchandise product in accordance with company standards and visual direction.
- Help manage the merchandise switchover of kiosk between hockey and events/concerts.
- Drive business and demonstrate leadership to your sales team.
- Take initiative on growing business.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A secondary school diploma along with a minimum of 2 years retail work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Enthusiastic, professional, self-motivated ,and eager to learn more about the retail industry
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than August 27, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.