Retail Operations Manager
SUMMARY: The Retail Supervisor’s primary role will be to organize and supervise the retail function at hockey events held at Rogers Arena, although this position may also be required to work concert events as necessary.
The Retail Supervisor will be required to prepare kiosks and manage staff in the Team Store and during Hockey events. The incumbent will be empowered to make customer related decisions and coach the part-time staff with respect to achieving event sales goals, housekeeping, and customer service. A large part of the job will be handling high traffic sales and managing product change-over. Coverage for concert events will also be required on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervising part-time Retail staff in the Team Store and on hockey event nights and delegating responsibilities accordingly
- Handling cash, float requirements and financial settlements
- Pre and post event organization of kiosks and stands as per requirements
- Replenishment and tracking stock during the event to maximize sales opportunities
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Ensuring selling areas are clean, stocked and visually attractive
- Deal with customer questions and concerns
- Maintaining Distribution centre and warehouse cleanliness before and after events
- Providing ongoing staff training in conjunction with the Retail Operations Manager
- Working with the Retail Operations Manager to hire, train, coach, motivate and performance manage the part-time Retail staff.
- Conducting annual performance reviews of part-time Retail staff
- Providing coverage for non-hockey events as required
- Managing all banking and cash related items with regards to the Team Store and Hockey nights
- Setting up of all selling locations around the Rogers Arena concourse in preparation for the event, including provision of supplies and hardware.
- Completion of post secondary courses in business or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years customer service supervisory experience at a supervisory level
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (mainly evenings and weekends but with some day shifts)
- A proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a staff of up to 50
- Exceptional cash handling skills
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and eager to learn more about our unique retail industry
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than October 22, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.