Retail Operations Manager
SUMMARY: As the concert business at Rogers Arena grows each year we have an exciting opportunity to hire a Retail Supervisor. The Retail Supervisor’s primary role will be to organize and supervise the retail function at concert events held at Rogers Arena, although this position may also be required to work hockey events as necessary.
This position will require close liaison with tour, merchandise and on site event managers and our part-time retail staff. The successful candidate will oversee concerts from initial tour contact right through to running the event, financial settlement and follow up after the event as needed. Coverage for Hockey games and day shifts at the Canucks Team store will also be required on an as needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- Supervising part-time Retail staff for concert events and delegating responsibilities accordingly
- Handling cash, float requirements and financial settlement for the event
- Acting as the main contact for events with regards to merchandise logistics, tracking, and count in
- Pre and post event organization of kiosks and stands as per event/hockey requirements
- Stock replenishment and tracking during the event to maximize sales opportunities
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Deal with customer questions and concerns
- Providing ongoing staff training in conjunction with the Retail Operations Manager
- Working with the Retail Operations Manager to hire, train, coach, motivate and performance manage the part-time Retail staff.
- Conducting annual performance reviews of part-time Retail staff
- Providing coverage for Hockey events and in the Team Store as needed
- Managing all banking and cash related items regarding events
- Setting up of all selling locations around the Rogers Arena concourse in preparation for the event, including provision of supplies and hardware.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of post secondary courses in business or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years customer service supervisory experience at a supervisory level
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (mainly evenings and weekends but with some day shifts)
- A proven ability to lead, manage and motivate a staff of up to 50
- Exceptional cash handling skills
- Proficient with Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, self motivated and eager to learn more about our unique retail industry
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than October 22, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.