Post Event Housekeeper Classification rate:
$ 12.85/hour (plus $1.00 for those hours worked after midnight) Department:
Event ServicesReports to:
Manager, Housekeeping GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Customer Service Orientation
- Identifies, prioritizes, and responds appropriately to the needs of guests and other internal/external customers.
- Demonstrates ability and commitment to deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills
- Shows respect for the thoughts, feelings, and opinions of others.
- Demonstrates good judgment and responsible behaviour in dealings with people.
- Assists co-workers, whenever necessary.
- Encourages teamwork.
- Knows when and where to seek assistance.
- Shows respect for the privacy of athletes and entertainers.
- Communication Skills
- Able to clearly communicate greetings, directions, responses and instructions to guests and co-workers.
- Talks to guests and co-workers in a professional and confident manner.
- Uses body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone in an appropriate manner which does not offend or discriminate against others.
- Writes effectively (e.g. incident reports, Guest Services reports, etc.).
- Listens to, interprets, understands, uses, and responds to verbal and written forms of communication (e.g. safety rules, incident reports, briefing instructions).
- Personal Management Skills
- Demonstrates self-esteem, confidence, and honesty.
- Possesses a positive attitude toward change, learning, and growth.
- Displays initiative, energy, and enthusiasm to get the job done.
- Controls anger and emotions in potentially volatile and/or stressful situations; maintains composure under pressure.
- Adheres to Company’s Appearance Standards in maintaining a professional image.
- Attends work regularly, arrives punctually, and returns from rest periods promptly.
- Respects and adheres to Company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Assumes accountability for actions taken.
- Able to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems and make decisions.
ASSETS FOR SELECTION:
- Physical/Mental Abilities
- Able to safely lift 35 lbs. (removing full garbage bags and carrying to a deposit location).
- Able to withstand repetitive bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, and twisting required throughout the shift.
- Able to work with the various cleaning solutions with the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Specialized Requirements
- Able to learn and apply WHMIS system.
- Able to use required tools and equipment.
- Able to use a radio.
- Other Requirements
- Clean work record.
- Above average attendance and accident avoidance record.
- Able to work night shifts (i.e. 11pm - 7am).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- First Aid certificate.
- Experience in working in a service oriented organization as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in the sport and entertainment events planned for GM Place.
- WHMIS training.
- Previous housekeeping experience.
- Building Service Worker/Janitorial certification
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for. It is preferable that you submit your application to email@example.com; alternatively you may fax it to (604) 899-7424.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.