Effective September 1, 2010 – approximately September 1, 2011 SUMMARY:
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director, Brand Management in developing and implementing marketing and promotional initiatives designed to promote awareness and revenues for Canucks TV, Canucks Team Store, and Ticketing. The individual will also assist in the management and strategy of the overall marketing plan to ensure maximum exposure of the Canucks brand across all promotional channels. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)Administrative:
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Formulate and execute tactical marketing & communications plans for Canucks branding, including Season Launch and Season Branding initiatives.
- Manage the Marketing Assistant.
- Work with Director, Brand Management to set and maintain annual marketing budget and business plan.
- Work with media buyer to develop and plan media for marketing campaigns, including online, television, radio, print, and outdoor, in support of various Canucks initiatives.
- Develop season-long Canucks print schedules for a variety of publications including the Vancouver Sun and The Province.
- Establish positive working relationships with counterparts at our radio, television, and newspaper media partners in order to maximize the exposure and effectiveness of marketing and promotional initiatives and ensure that contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- Negotiate contra media deals.
- Ensure maximum exposure for all marketing initiatives by coordinating efforts with colleagues in Creative Services, Business Development, Broadcast, and Game Presentation, as well as media partners.
- Provide marketing support and planning for all Canucks ticket initiatives and premium seating.
- Provide marketing support and planning for all promotional activities to support the Canucks Team Store.
- In conjunction with Business Manager for Broadcast, formulate strategic and tactical marketing plans to support Canucks TV Pay-Per-View and Canucks TV programming.
- Propose and develop activation programs for sponsors and manage marketing strategy and execution to support such programs.
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external partners in the collection of data as it relates to fan & consumer demographics, behaviour, and brand affinity.
- Manage strategy, development, promotion and execution for various Canucks driven projects as they arise, including 40th Anniversary Book and Playoff Road Game hosting events.
- Work with Director, Community Partnerships to provide support and awareness for community programs and events.
- Liaise with the NHL for the execution of all NHL driven promotional initiatives and events.
- Develop strategic initiatives for the collection of external data and maximize opportunities to continue growth in this area.
- Develop and edit content, copy and script for various marketing and promotional initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar capacity
- A degree or diploma in commerce, marketing, communications or related field
- Experience working in media, specifically in the area of promotions and marketing
- Experience in advertising and the coordination of special events
- A solid understanding of all forms of media (print, outdoor, radio, online, and TV)
- Experience in email marketing, including assembly, delivery, tracking & strategy
- An ability to manage promotional calendars, advertising and production budgets, media inventory, and production schedules
- Established working relationships with the various media groups in BC is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must
- Solid work ethic with desire to contribute maximum effort to achieving team goals and revenue targets
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by event and promotions schedule
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than May 21, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.