Event ServicesReports to:
Director, Event ServicesSUMMARY:
The Manager, Housekeeping is responsible for the overall housekeeping operations at General Motors Place arena. Housekeeping is responsible for all pre, event and post event cleaning of the interior and exterior of the facility, staff recruitment and supervision, regulation of equipment and product inventory, waste management and reduction programs, materials handling, supplier and contractor negotiations and relations among other related duties. This position reports to the Director, Event Services and works with all departments at Canucks Sports and Entertainment, with particular emphasis on the event management, staff services & scheduling, and engineering areas.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervises two full time employees which include the Supervisor, Housekeeping (supervises overnight post event cleaning) and Materials Handling Coordinator (manages all shipping & receiving for the arena).
- Responsible for recruitment, training and supervision of all part time unionized housekeeping staff (event and pre/post event housekeepers, crew leaders and guest service housekeeping supervisors). Communicates well with all staff to assure a high morale and positive work environment.
- Works with Event Managers and Scheduling to ensure deployments are prepared and filled according to event housekeeping needs.
- Works with People Development department on performance management issues relating to part time unionized housekeeping staff as required.
- Plans and supervises all housekeeping work for General Motors Place, conducts regular quality control and building inspections to ensure cleaning standards are maintained at a high level and building remains in a clean and safe state.
- Oversees planning, purchasing and inventory control of housekeeping equipment and supplies to ensure efficient and cost effective housekeeping services, with a focus on green housekeeping practices and initiatives. Responsible for ongoing maintenance and care of all housekeeping equipment and is accountable for all housekeeping budget line items.
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve the housekeeping operations, techniques and procedures while practicing sound fiscal management with a focus on customer service.
- Plans and executes off season summer projects and maintenance for the housekeeping department.
- Responsible for waste management/reduction programs at General Motors Place, including negotiating and overseeing third party contracts for waste disposal and recycling and administering agreement and levels of service provided by contractors.
- Negotiates and oversees third party cleaning contract for administrative offices, team areas, and other contracted service work as it relates to housekeeping. Liaises with team personnel to ensure all cleaning requirements are maintained at very high standard for the Vancouver Canucks.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the housekeeping industry, preferably in a similar facility with thorough knowledge of current cleaning practices and equipment.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Management role with direct supervisory experience
- Post Secondary diploma/certificate preferred, plus related housekeeping courses and WHMIS training
- Experience working in a unionized environment and with collective bargaining agreements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Must be people-oriented, a team builder and team player.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, guests, clients and customers.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Self starter with solid initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Creative thinker with the ability to visualize ways to improve systems and procedures
- Ability to work evenings, overnight and weekends as required.
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than May 12, 2009. It is preferable that you submit your application to email@example.com; alternatively you may fax it to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.