Event Security Department:
Event ServicesReports to:
Manager, Event Staff and SecurityGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
Event Security is responsible for ensuring the safety of our guests and employees by dealing with alcohol-, loss prevention-, and crowd management-related issues. Event Security is also responsible for directing and assisting our guests with any service-related issues.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Please refer to the Job Requirements SheetKEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than June 30, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
|Requirement ||General Requirement |
|Education/Qualifications || |
- Security License is required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
|Customer Service Orientation || |
- Identifies, prioritizes, and responds appropriately to the needs of guests and other internal/external customers.
- Demonstrates ability and commitment to deliver 100% customer satisfaction
|Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills || |
- Shows respect for the thoughts, feelings, and opinions of others.
- Demonstrates good judgment and responsible behaviour in dealings with people.
- Assists co-workers, whenever necessary.
- Encourages teamwork.
- Knows when and where to seek assistance.
- Shows respect for the privacy of athletes and entertainers
|Communication Skills || |
- Able to clearly communicate greetings, directions, responses and instructions to guests and co-workers.
- Talks to guests and co-workers in a professional and confident manner.
- Uses body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone in an appropriate manner which does not offend or discriminate against others.
- Writes effectively (e.g. incident reports, Guest Services reports, etc.).
- Listens to, interprets, understands, uses, and responds to verbal and written forms of communication (e.g. safety rules, incident reports, briefing instructions).
|Personal Management Skills || |
- Demonstrates self-esteem, confidence, and honesty.
- Possesses a positive attitude toward change, learning, and growth.
- Displays initiative, energy, and enthusiasm to get the job done.
- Controls anger and emotions in potentially volatile and/or stressful situations; maintains composure under pressure.
- Adheres to Company’s Appearance Standards in maintaining a professional image.
- Attends work regularly, arrives punctually, and returns from rest periods promptly.
- Respects and adheres to Company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Assumes accountability for actions taken.
- Able to think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems and make decisions.
ASSET FOR SELECTION:
|Requirement ||Job Specific Requirement |
|Physical/Mental Abilities || |
- Able to handle periodic lifting requirements of approximately 30 lbs. of weight (e.g. assisting with strollers, wheelchairs, etc.)
- Able to stand or walk for the duration of the shift if necessary.
- Able to climb the stairs on a regular basis throughout the assigned shift.
- Able to work in a noisy and crowded environment.
|Specialized Requirements || |
- Able to learn and manage various programs including emergency response system, crowd control, lost children, alcohol program, etc.
- Able to use a radio.
|Other Requirements || |
- Clean work record.
- Above average attendance and accident avoidance record.
- Age of Majority (19 years of age or older).
- Presence in the form of personal authority and maturity
| Assets ||Asset for Selection |
|Assets for Selection (not requirements) || |
- Successful completion of customer service training would be an asset (e.g., Super Host, Hospitality training).
- First Aid certificate.
- Training in assisting the special needs public.
- Fluent in a second or third language in addition to English.
- Experience in working with the general public in a service oriented organization as an employee or volunteer.
- Demonstrated knowledge or interest in the sport and entertainment events planned for GM Place.
- Previous security or crowd management experience