Information TechnologyReports to:
VP & Chief Financial OfficerSUMMARY:
General Motors Place is a 19,000 seat arena that is home to the Vancouver Canucks NHL hockey club, and is host venue to 45 NHL hockey games and over 60 concerts and events each year. The Director, Arena Technology & Infrastructure is the company’s key technology expert who oversees the planning, design, installation and integration of arena and business technology infrastructure and solutions across all departments and the throughout the arena venue. He/she will provide leadership to an inter-disciplinary technology team and will act as a consulting resource for senior leadership as well as various departments in the development and implementation of leading technology solutions within the business departments, arena and inter-related facilities. The Director will develop and implement strategies for innovative technology implementations integrating all aspects of business, in-arena venue technology, and broadcast operations. In addition, he will manage all large technology implementation projects for new facility development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Participates as a member of the company’s Leadership Team providing professional and technical advice and leadership.
- Provides leadership to the inter-disciplinary technology teams who provide technology support for network & client business systems, building security system, broadcast control room and distribution systems, in-house TV & audio cabling system, telephony, mobility (cell phones), ticketing system, customer management system (CMS), finance and human resources information systems (HRIS), Team Store and multi-kiosk point of sale system, in-house game presentation system and all audio & video systems at General Motors Place.
- Develops an overall corporate technology strategic plan, and leads the design of departmental plans to align with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Ensures that all technology initiatives have clear business goals and success metrics.
- Project manager for technology maintenance and large technology implementation projects
- Develops both long and short term strategies and plans for the technical infrastructure and application architecture for the Company and executes the plan.
- Oversees the selection, acquisition, development, installation, maintenance and support of all technology systems at Canucks Sports & Entertainment.
- Leads and mentors the technology teams towards a service orientated, customer focused function that supports ongoing operations to drive efficiency, quality, customer service and growth.
- Oversees all new technology projects in collaboration with managers, staff, contractors and departmental stakeholders
- Develops and manages technology budgets and projects
- Bachelors degree in IT Systems and minimum 10 years’ related experience with integrated IT systems, broadcast technology and IT management at a senior level with a sequence of increasing responsibilities in large and diverse business settings and arena/stadium infrastructures.
- Extensive experience with broadcast technologies (i.e. broadcast media, scoring and video boards, press/media distribution, in-house television systems, broadcast & audio cabling systems etc.)
- Must also possess an excellent understanding of the integration of technology that is unique to sports venues (i.e. systems to support the facility such as HVAC, security & surveillance systems, ticketing & POS systems, and audio systems & infrastructure as they relate to major sports venues etc.)
- Must have an excellent understanding of business systems such as network, telephony, CRM (customer relation management), HRIS (human resources information), finance, security and event scheduling systems.
- Must possess PMP (Project Management Professional) certification
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, and a team player with a strong client service focus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex technology issues to non-technology people
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Aptitude for independent decision making, creative thinking and innovation with technology.
- A solid understanding of budget management
- Approaches problem solving in a practical, client-centered manner
- Cheerful, embraces fun and celebration in the workplace
- High degree of personal integrity and honesty
- Works cooperatively, strives to meet team goals
- Excellence through innovation, commitment and continual improvement
- A passion for success
- Works with enthusiasm, dedication, respect and pride
- Strong customer/fan focus
- Receptive to new ideas and approaches, adapts well to change
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, specifying position applied for, no later than May 26, 2010. It is preferable that you apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com; alternatively you may fax your application to (604) 899-7451.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.